HYPROVAN 200MG/20ML INJECTION
PROPOFOLManufacturer : CELON LABORATORIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Hyprovan 200mg Injection contains the active constituent Propofol. It is used to produce unconsciousness so that surgical operations or other procedures can be performed. This injection is used in the hospital environment only. It is also used for sedation (so that you may feel sleepy but not completely asleep). It is not recommended in children less than 3 years. Talk to your doctor if you have or ever had seizures, high cholesterol levels, dehydration, heart disorders, breathing problems, liver, allergic conditions, or kidney disorders before taking this medicine. You must not breastfeed your baby for 24 hours after taking Hyprovan 200mg Injection. Tell your physician if you are on a salt-controlled diet as this medicine contains sodium. Tell your doctor if you are taking rifampicin, an anti-tuberculosis drug, before the treatment.
Uses of Hyprovan 200mg Injection:
- Produce unconsciousness so that an operation or other procedures can be performed
- Sedate you while receiving artificial respiration in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in people over 16 years of age
- Sedate you during diagnostic and surgical procedures, alone or in combination with local or regional anesthesia
How Hyprovan 200mg Injection works:
Hyprovan 200mg Injection produces reversible loss of consciousness by increasing the inhibitory function of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid, an inhibitory neurotransmitter) in the central nervous system (CNS).
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Hyprovan 200mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 30°C.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, General anaesthetics and therapeutic gases, 12th edition, 2011, 536.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, General anaesthetics, 7th edition, 2013, 382.
- Aspen Pharma Trading Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Jan 2020] [ Accessed on 24th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1365.pdf
- Fresenius kabi, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on April 2017] [ Accessed on 24th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/019627s066lbl.pdf
How to use Hyprovan 200mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a doctor or nurse.
Administration of Hyprovan 200mg Injection in pregnant women during the third trimester may have harmful effects on the development of the child’s brain. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Hyprovan 200mg Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
You must not breastfeed your baby for 24 hours after taking Hyprovan 200mg Injection.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Hyprovan 200mg Injection.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Hyprovan 200mg Injection.
Do not drive or handle any tools or machines unless your doctor says you are ready to engage in such activities.
- Inform your doctor if you are on a salt-controlled diet.
- It is vital to tell your doctor if you are allergic to soya or peanut.
- Your doctor may ask you to take a zinc supplement on prolonged use of Hyprovan 200mg Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Pain at the injection site
- Slow heartbeat
- Changes in breathing pattern
- Low blood pressure
- Nausea, vomiting
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.