ICUPEN 500MG INJECTION
DORIPENEMManufacturer : ABBOTTOrigin of Medicine : India
Icupen 500mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Doripenem Monohydrate. It is indicated to treat bacterial infections in adults such as nosocomial pneumonia, complicated infections in the stomach and urinary tract.
Nosocomial pneumonia or hospital acquired pneumonia occurs at least two days after admission to hospital. It is more likely to occur in elderly patients and those in ICU and ventilator support.
The goal of this treatment is to reduce drug-resistant bacteria and to maintain adequate response to antibacterial drugs. Hence, it should be used only if the infection is proven or suspected to be caused by bacteria.
Uses of Icupen 500mg Injection:
Icupen 500mg Injection is indicated for the treatment of infection in adults such as:
- Nosocomial pneumonia (Hospital acquired Pneumonia)
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections
- Complicated urinary tract infections
How Icupen 500mg Injection works:
Icupen 500mg Injection inactivates the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) and thus inhibits the cell wall synthesis of the bacteria. This ultimately result in the cell death of the infection-causing bacteria.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store below 25˚C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Ciplamed, [Revised on Sep 2013] [Accessed on 8th Jul 2021], https://www.ciplamed.com/print-product-pdf/24185
- Shionogi & Co. Ltd., US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Apr 2013] [Accessed on 8th Jul 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/022106s008lbl.pdf
- P.T. Reid, J.A. Innes, Respiratory Disease, Davidson’s Principles & Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 643-732.
- Camille E. Beauduy, Lisa G. Winston, Beta-Lactam & Other Cell Wall- & Membrane-Active Antibiotics, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 795-814.
How to use Icupen 500mg Injection:
Your physician will administer this medicine as an intravenous infusion for approximately 15-30 minutes. Your physician will calculate the appropriate dose based on the severity of the infection.
The safety profile of this medicine during pregnancy is unknown. Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding during this treatment
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic or anaphylactic reactions to Doripenem or other beta lactams.
- Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have seizures or stroke.
- Inform your physician if you have persistent diarrhea that does not go away.
- Do not stop this treatment before finishing the course without consulting your physician.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reactions
- Persistent diarrhea
- Inflammation at the injection site
- Oral and vaginal infections
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.