JOLLTRIM 50ML ORAL SUSPENSION
TRIMOXAZOLEManufacturer : JOLLY HEALTHCAREOrigin of Medicine : India
Jolltrim 50ml Oral Suspension is a combination antibiotic medication containing the active constituents sulphamethoxazole 200mg and trimethoprim 40mg. It is used to treat or prevent infections caused by bacteria in children up to 12 years of age. It is used to treat lung infections, bladder or urinary tract infections, and infections affecting the skin and brain. It is not suitable for infants during the first six weeks of life.
Before taking Jolltrim 50ml Oral Suspension, tell your health care professional if your child has liver disorders, kidney disorders, blood disorders, allergic conditions, have an intolerance to some sugars or other diseases. Skipping the doses or not completing the entire course of treatment may decrease the effectiveness of the medicine. Diarrhea is a common problem associated with the use of antibiotics. Contact your doctor immediately if your child develops watery or bloody stools.
Uses of Jolltrim 50ml Oral Suspension:
- To treat bacterial infections
How Jolltrim 50ml Oral Suspension works:
Jolltrim 50ml Oral Suspension inhibits the production of Folic acid in bacteria, which is essential for the growth and multiplication of bacteria and produces an antibacterial effect.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Jolltrim 50ml Oral Suspension out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25°C. Keep away from direct sunlight or heat.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Sulfonamides, Cotrimoxazole, and Quinolones, 7th edition, 2013, 706-708.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Sulfonamides, Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole, Quinolones, and Agents for urinary tract infections, 12th edition, 2011, 1468-1470.
- Aspen Pharma Trading Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on July 2021] [ Accessed on 22nd March 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6994.pdf
How to use Jolltrim 50ml Oral Suspension:
Your child should take Jolltrim 50ml Oral Suspension in the dose and duration prescribed by your physician with some food or drink. It will stop your child from feeling sick or having diarrhea. Make sure your child drinks plenty of fluids while taking this medicine.
It is vital to inform your doctor if your child has liver disorders before taking Jolltrim 50ml Oral Suspension as this medication is contraindicated in patients with severe liver disorders.
It is vital to inform your doctor if your child has kidney disorders before taking Jolltrim 50ml Oral Suspension as this medication is contraindicated in patients with severe kidney disorders.
- Talk to your doctor if your child has blood disorders, allergic conditions, or other diseases before starting treatment with this medication.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Abnormal heartbeats
- Fungal infection in mouth or vagina
- Skin rashes
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.