JUVEDERM ULTRA PLUS XC INJECTABLE GEL
HYALURONIC ACID,LIDOCAINE HYDROCHLORIDEManufacturer : ALLERGAN INDIA PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : United States of America
Juvederm Ultra Plus XC Injectable Gel is composed of Lidocaine and Hyaluronic acid. It is indicated for injection into the mid to deep layer of skin to correct moderate to severe wrinkles. Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic, which on topical application causes reversible loss of sensory perception such as pain in a particular area of the body. Hyaluronic acid is a moisturizing agent that facilitates skin permeation and promotes the delivery of the drug molecule through the skin.
Do not use makeup products for twelve hours after injection. Avoid exposure to sun and temperatures below 0˚C.
Uses of Juvederm Ultra Plus XC Injectable Gel:
- Rectification of moderate to severe wrinkles and nasolabial folds.
- Definition and enhancement of lips
How Juvederm Ultra Plus XC Injectable Gel works:
Hyaluronic acid moisturizes the skin and enhances the absorption of the drug into the body. It penetrates the skin layers and works as a cotransport for the movement of the drug molecule. Lidocaine reduces the pain during treatment.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at 25˚C. Keep this patch away from the sight and reach of the children.
- Allergan, [Revised on 18th Jan 2016] [Accessed on 28th Jun 2021], https://allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net/allergan/allergannewzealand/media/allergannewzealand/products/current-approved-ultraplus-xc-dfu_01feb2016.pdf
- Allergan Aesthetics, [Revised on 2020] [Accessed on 28th Jun 2021], https://hcp.juvederm.com/lowerface-ultra-plus-xc#ISI
- KD Tripathi, Local Anaesthetics, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 386-398.
- Nair et al, Transdermal patches fabricated from hyaluronic acid for the enhanced skin penetration of therapeutic entities, Journal of Drug Delivery &Therapeutics. 2019; 9(1):252-256, http://jddtonline.info/index.php/jddt/article/view/2162/1674
How to use Juvederm Ultra Plus XC Injectable Gel:
Use this injectable gel only under the supervision of a qualified healthcare practitioner. Do not re-use or re-sterilize.
Discard the needles and syringes in the appropriate containers after use. Consult the current applicable directives to ensure their correct elimination.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. Your physician will determine the suitability and safe use of this medicine.
Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before using this medicine if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before using this medicine if you have kidney diseases.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to local anaesthetics or history of severe allergies.
- Inform your physician if you have skin injury or if you are taking blood thinning medications.
- This medicine is not intended for use in untreated epilepsy or presence of gram positive bacterial infections.
- This medicine should not be used simultaneously with other skin treatments.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Changes in vision
- Signs of stroke
- Unusual pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.