KABANAT 60MG INJECTION
CABAZITAXELManufacturer : NATCO PHARMA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Kabanat 60mg Injection contains the active constituent cabazitaxel. It is an anticancer medicine used with steroid medicine prednisone or prednisolone to treat people with hormone-refractory metastatic prostate cancer that has progressed after treatment with other anticancer medications, including docetaxel. Cancer is an abnormal and uncontrolled multiplication of cells. Many early-stage prostate cancers need normal testosterone (male hormone) levels to grow. In hormone-refractory metastatic prostate cancer, cancer keeps growing even when the amount of testosterone in the body is reduced to low levels.
This medicine should not be used if you have a severe abnormal liver function or recently vaccinated against yellow fever. Report to your doctor if you experience any hypersensitive reactions or fever while taking this medicine. Before taking Kabanat 60mg Injection, tell your doctor if you are addicted to alcohol, have epilepsy, or liver diseases. Use effective birth control measures during the treatment and for at least six months after the last dose.
Uses of Kabanat 60mg Injection:
- Treatment of Hormone-refractory metastatic prostate cancer
How Kabanat 60mg Injection works:
Kabanat 60mg Injection is a microtubule inhibitor. It inhibits the multiplication and growth of cancer cells by disrupting the microtubular network of cells.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Kabanat 60mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 30°C. Do not refrigerate.
- Sanofi-aventis US LLC, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on June 2010] [ Accessed on 16th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/201023lbl.pdf
- Sanofi-aventis groupe, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on March 2017] [ Accessed on 16th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4541.pdf
- Loma Al-Mansouri, Howard Gurney; Clinical concepts for cabazitaxel in the management of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer; Asian Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology; Published on Dec 2019; Accessed on 16/06/2021; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31313526/
How to use Kabanat 60mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Your physician will prescribe another medicine, namely prednisone or prednisolone, during the treatment with Kabanat 60mg Injection.
Kabanat 60mg Injection should not be used in pregnant women. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
Kabanat 60mg Injection should not be used in breastfeeding women. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
It is contraindicated in patients with abnormal liver function. Inform your doctor if you have any liver diseases.
Talk to your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Kabanat 60mg Injection. Your doctor will perform blood tests to assess your kidney function before treatment.
This medicine may make you feel tired or dizzy. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from alcoholism or epilepsy.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Low white blood cells
- Infection (fever, cough, muscle aches, burning on urination)
- Severe allergic reactions (rash, itching, breathing problems, swelling of face, chest, or throat tightness)
- Kidney damage
- Severe stomach pain
- Low red blood cell count
- Low blood platelet count
- Back pain, joint pain
- Decreased appetite
- Hair loss
- Numbness, burning, tingling, or decreased sensation in your feet or hands
- Taste change
- Headache, dizziness
- Inflammation of mouth
- Blood in urine
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.