KENADION 10MG TABLET
PHYTOMENADIONEManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Kenadion 10mg Tablet is used to prevent and treat bleeding due to deficiency in clotting factors. Fault of clotting factors occurs due to dietary deficiency of vitamin K, prolonged antimicrobial therapy, anticoagulant therapy, diseases like obstructive jaundice, liver disorders, etc. Vitamin K is supplied in diet as Vitamin K1 and Vitamin K2. Vitamin K2 is also made by bacteria in the intestine. Lack of vitamin K in the body leads to bleeding, a serious but rare condition.
Uses of Kenadion 10mg Tablet:
- Treatment of prothrombin deficiency induced by anticoagulants
- Treatment of Hypoprothrombinemia caused due to diseases (obstructive jaundice, biliary fistula) or administration of certain drugs (antibacterial, salicylates, etc.)
How Kenadion 10mg Tablet Works:
Kenadion 10mg Tablet has the same activity as that of naturally occurring Vitamin K. It helps the body to produce blood-clotting factors (Factor II, Factor VII, Factor IX and Factor X) through the liver to stop bleeding. The onset of action is within 6 to 10 hours.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at 25˚C in the original container and protect it from light.
- Bausch Health Companies Inc., [Revised on Aug 2020] [Accessed on 27th May 2021],
- P. Hanlon, M. Byers, J.P.H. Wilding and H.M. Macdonald, Environmental and nutritional factors in disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 97-132.
- KD Tripathi, Drugs Affecting Coagulation, Bleeding and Thrombosis, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 659-681.
How to use Kenadion 10mg Tablet:
Use as directed by your physician.
Inform your physician before taking Kenadion 10mg Tablet if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
It is not known if Kenadion 10mg Tablet passes through breast milk. Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before taking Kenadion 10mg Tablet if you have liver problems.
Inform your physician before taking Kenadion 10mg Tablet if you have kidney problems.
Inform your physician right away if you have allergic reactions to Kenadion 10mg Tablet or its ingredients
- Inform your physician if you have a problem with your heart or any other diseases.
- Ensure that your physician checks your prothrombin time regularly.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
Kenadion 10mg Tablet generally won’t cause any side effects. In case you experience any unusual effects, consult your physician for advice.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.