LACARNIT 1GM INJECTION
LEVOCARNITINEManufacturer : LA RENON HEALTHCARE PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Lacarnit 1gm Injection contains the active ingredient Levocarnitine. It is indicated to prevent and treat carnitine deficiency. Carnitine deficiency occurs when the body produces less levocarnitine. L-carnitine is a naturally occurring substance, a type of protein that helps in energy metabolism. Secondary carnitine deficiency is common in people undergoing dialysis treatment for kidney disease.
End-stage kidney disease is the stage of kidney disease where a patient requires renal replacement therapy like dialysis due to irreversible deterioration of kidney function. Dialysis therapy can cause a reduction in carnitine levels. This medicine plays a vital role on anemia and heart problems in patients with chronic kidney disease.
Uses of Lacarnit 1gm Injection:
- Prevention and Treatment of carnitine deficiency
How Lacarnit 1gm Injection works:
Carnitine is essential for adequate energy metabolism. This is achieved by transporting fatty acids across membranes and regulation of oxidation of these fatty acids to produce energy. This medicine works by compensating for the body’s lack of levocarnitine and supports the body by giving more energy.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store below 25°C and protect from light.
- La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd., [Accessed on 24th Jul 2021], https://www.larenon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/lacarnit-lbl_ctc.pdf
- Alfasigma S.p.A, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on May 2017] [Accessed on 24th Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6471.pdf
- J. Goddard, A.N. Turner, Kidney and Urinary Tract Disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 461-523.
How to use Lacarnit 1gm Injection:
Your physician will calculate the accurate dose for you depending on your response to this treatment and slowly inject this medicine into your vein.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. Your physician will decide the safety and suitability of taking this medicine.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney disease or undergoing dialysis. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions regularly.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Levocarnitine or other ingredients.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are having diabetes and taking medication for it.
- Your physician might collect your blood and urine samples to check the amount of this medicine in your body.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Body odour
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.