LAMIVUDINE,ZIDOVUDINEManufacturer : EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Lazid Tablet is a combination drug containing the active constituents lamivudine 150mg and zidovudine 300mg. It is used to treat HIV – 1 infection along with other medicines. HIV – 1 is a Human immunodeficiency virus that attacks and destroys the cells involved in the immune system; the body’s ability to fight against infections decreases and leads to death if untreated properly.
Lazid Tablet is not recommended for patients suffering from anemia (low red blood cells) or neutropenia (low white blood cells). Inform your doctor if you have any liver disease, including hepatitis B or C, kidney disease or if you are overweight. The administration of this medicine is associated with hematologic toxicity (decrease in blood cells), muscle weakness, liver diseases and infection and lactic acidosis (acid buildup due to problem in the body’s metabolism).
Treatment with Lazid Tablet often causes loss of fat from legs, arms, and face; when these signs occur, the medicine should be stopped. Do not share personal objects such as razors or toothbrushes with anyone. Do not breast feed. Consult your doctor about safe sex practices.
Uses of Lazid Tablet:
- Treatment of HIV – 1 infection
How Lazid Tablet works:
Lazid Tablet works by inhibiting the enzyme reverse transcriptase, thereby inhibiting the replication of viral particles in the body and treats the infection
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store below 30°C.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiviral drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 806 - 811.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Antiretroviral agents and treatment of HIV infection, 12th edition, 2011, 1632-1634.
- Milpharm Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on September 2020] [ Accessed on 12th April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2998.pdf
- ViiV Healthcare, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on September 2015] [ Accessed on 12th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/...
How to use Lazid Tablet:
Swallow the tablets with water. Duovir Tablet can be taken with or without food. If you cannot swallow the tablets whole, you may crush and combine with small amount of food, and take all those doses immediately.
This medicine may cause harm to unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking the Lazid Tablet. The doctor will explain the potential risks and benefits.
Breastfeeding is not recommended because the viral infection can pass through the breast milk.
Inform you physician if you ever had liver diseases, including hepatitis B or C.
Inform your physician if you have any kidney disorders.
Avoid driving if you are feeling unwell, as this medicine may make u feel dizzy and less alert.
- Do not share personal objects such as razor or toothbrush
- Consult doctor about safe sex practices.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Lactic acidosis (breathing difficulties along with weakness in limbs, stomach pain, vomiting, drowsiness)
- Osteonecrosis (stiffness and pain in joints, difficulty moving)
- Symptoms of muscle weakness or infection
- Loss of fat from legs, face and arms
- Headache, dizziness
- Loss of appetite
- Tiredness, lack of energy
- Fever, cough
- Irritated or runny nose
- Skin rash
- Hair loss
- Difficulty in sleeping
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.