LINID 600MG TABLET
LINEZOLIDManufacturer : ZYDUS CADILAOrigin of Medicine : India
Linid 600mg Tablet consists of the active substance Linezolid. It is an antibiotic belonging to the group called oxazolidinones. It is indicated to treat healthcare-associated and community-acquired pneumonia and other complicated and uncomplicated infections in the skin or under the skin.
Staphylococci or streptococcus bacteria cause most skin-related infections. When bacteria produce strains that are resistant to drug molecules, it becomes difficult to manage serious infections, leading to fatal complications. This medicine is active against such conditions caused by bacteria that do not respond to penicillin and vancomycin.
Uses of Linid 600mg Tablet:
- Treatment of pneumonia and skin infections
How Linid 600mg Tablet works:
Linezolid works by stopping the development of certain bacteria that cause infections. It exerts control over the gram-positive bacteria. It binds to the genetic units (ribosomal RNA) and prevents protein synthesis by the bacteria.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store below 30˚C in a dry place. Protect from light and moisture.
- Pfizer Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Aug 2017] [Accessed on 22nd Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5119.pdf
- Camille E. Beauduy, Lisa G. Winston, Tetracyclines, Macrolides, Clindamycin, Chloramphenicol, Streptogramins, & Oxazolidinones, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 815-825
- D.H. Dockrell, S. Sundar, B.J. Angus, R.P. Hobson, Infectious Disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 293-386.
How to use Linid 600mg Tablet:
Take Linid 600mg Tablet before, during or after a meal. Do not consume cheese, soya and alcohol during this treatment.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding your child.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions and prescribe according to your condition.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney disease or undergoing dialysis treatment. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions and prescribe according to your condition.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience dizziness or vision problems.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Linezolid or its ingredients.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have blood-related problems, vision problems, seizures, diarrhea.
- This medicine is not suitable for you if you have thyroid problems, high BP, cancer, depression or other psychiatric disorders. Consult your physician for advice.
- This medicine contains glucose. Inform your physician if you have diabetes.
- Consult your physician for advice if you are prone to getting infections.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Blurred vision
- Recurrent nausea and vomiting
- Loss of sensitivity in arms or legs
- Severe and persistent diarrhea
- Rapid breathing
- Abdominal pain
- Severe headache
- Severe skin reactions
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Ringing in the ears
- Fungal infections
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Changes in blood test results
- Difficulty in sleeping
- High BP
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.