MEROPLAN S 1.5GM INJECTION
MEROPENEM,SULBACTAMManufacturer : ABBOTTOrigin of Medicine : India
Meroplan S 1.5gm Injection contains meropenem 1000mg and sulbactam 500mg. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the lungs, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissues, abdomen, brain, and blood. It is used to treat infections that occur during or after giving birth. It may also be used in the management of neutropenic patients (patients with decreased white blood cells) with fever which is suspected to be caused by bacterial infection.
Meroplan S 1.5gm Injection should not be used if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or certain antibiotics (penicillins, cephalosporins, or carbapenems). Talk to your doctor if you have liver disorders, kidney disorders, or had severe diarrhea after taking other antibiotic medicines.
Uses of Meroplan S 1.5gm Injection:
- Infections affecting the lungs (pneumonia)
- Complicated urinary tract infections
- Complicated infections in the abdomen
- Complicated skin and soft tissue infections
- Acute infection of the brain (meningitis)
- Infections that can occur during or after giving birth
- Febrile neutropenia
How Meroplan S 1.5gm Injection works:
Meropenem stops the growth of the bacteria by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis in bacteria. Sulbactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor, which ensures the meropenem activity against beta-lactamase (enzymes produced by bacteria that provide resistance to antibiotics) producing bacteria.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Meroplan S 1.5gm Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 30°C. Do not freeze.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Penicillins, cephalosporins, and other beta-lactam antibiotics, 12th edition, 2011, 1500.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Beta-lactam antibiotics, 7th edition, 2013, 725,731.
- Villerton Invest SA, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on March 2020] [ Accessed on 12th August 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.9074.pdf
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Dec 2016] [ Accessed on 12th August 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/050706s037lbl.pdf
How to use Meroplan S 1.5gm Injection:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Meroplan S 1.5gm Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Meroplan S 1.5gm Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Meroplan S 1.5gm Injection.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Meroplan S 1.5gm Injection.
- You need to tell your physician if you have any allergic conditions or diseases before taking Meroplan S 1.5gm Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reactions (severe rash, itching, swelling of face, lips, or tongue, trouble breathing or wheezing)
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash, itching
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.