MICALAN 50MG INJECTION
MICAFUNGINManufacturer : MYLAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Micalan 50mg Injection is composed of the active substance Micafungin. It is indicated for fungal infections. It effectively treats infections that have penetrated into the body, a condition known as invasive candidiasis, and infections in the esophagus. It is also prescribed to prevent infections that are likely to occur in patients undergoing bone marrow transplants because in such cases, the levels of neutrophils of the white blood cells tend to remain low for ten days or more.
Uses of Micalan 50mg Injection:
- Prevention of Candida infection in patients undergoing bone marrow transplant
- Treatment of invasive candidiasis and fungal infections in the esophagus
How Micalan 50mg Injection works:
Micalan 50mg Injection works by inhibiting the synthesis of β (1-3) glucan by the fungal cell wall. This process disrupts the fungal cell wall and ultimately results in cell death of the fungus.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store the vials away from the sight and reach of children.
- Astellas Pharma Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jan 2020] [Accessed on 1st Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6315.pdf
- Astellas Pharma US, Inc., US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Dec 2019] [Accessed on 1st Jul 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2019/021506s023lbl.pdf
- Harry W. Lampiris, Daniel S. Maddix, Antifungal Agents, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 853-862.
How to use Micalan 50mg Injection:
This injection should be injected through the intravenous route slowly by a qualified healthcare professional. Your physician will determine the accurate dose of administration each day, depending on your condition.
This vial is for single use only. Discard unused contents of the vial immediately.
This medicine is unsafe during pregnancy. Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
This medicine is not safe to use while breastfeeding. Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver problems. Ensure that your physician monitors your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney problems. Ensure that your physician monitors your kidney functions regularly.
Avoid driving or operating machines if you experience side effects.
- Inform your physician if you have hemolytic anemia or hemolysis.
- Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Micafungin or other ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe skin inflammation and eruption
- Severe allergic reactions
- Abnormal liver function test values
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Low levels of WBC and RBC in blood
- Low levels of potassium, magnesium and calcium levels in the blood
- Injection site reactions
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.