MICROFER 100MG INJECTION
IRONManufacturer : MICRO LABS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Microfer 100mg Injection contains elemental iron. It is a replacement product used in chronic kidney disease patients to treat iron deficiency anemia. Iron is essential to form hemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells which carry oxygen to the body tissues and organs. In iron deficiency anemia, there is not sufficient iron in the body leads to a lack of healthy red blood cells. It is given to treat iron deficiency when you cannot take iron by mouth, as the iron tablets make you feel ill or it have not worked.
Microfer 100mg Injection is not given when a shortage of iron does not cause anemia and when there is a problem in how the body uses iron. Talk to your doctor if you have a history of medicine allergy, asthma, infections, liver problems, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus erythematosus (a disease in which the body’s immune system attacks the healthy tissue). It is not recommended for use in children.
Uses of Microfer 100mg Injection:
- Treatment of iron deficiency anemia
How Microfer 100mg Injection works:
Microfer 100mg Injection works by replenishing the iron content in the body, helps in forming healthy red blood cells and oxygen supply to the body.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C. Do not freeze.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Haematinics and Erythropoietin, 7th edition, 2013, 599-606.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Hematopoietic agents, 12th edition, 2011, 1077.
- Vifor France, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Dec 2020] [ Accessed on 15th April], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5911.pdf
- Vifor, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Nov 2017] [ Accessed on 15th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/021135s032lbl.pdf
How to use Microfer 100mg Injection:
The Microfer 100mg Injection will be given intravenously by your health care professional.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you only if it is really needed.
Inform the physician before taking this medicine if you are breast feeding. It will be given to you only if necessary.
Inform your physician if you have any liver diseases before taking this medicine.
This medicine may cause dizziness, consult your doctor before driving and handling heavy machinery while taking this medication.
- Inform your doctor about your allergic conditions and other diseases you have.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions (swelling of face, difficulty breathing, chest pain, dizziness, light headed or faint)
- Metallic taste
- Changes in blood pressure
- Nausea, vomiting
- Back pain
- Viral infection
- Injection site reactions (pain, irritation, discoloration)
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.