MIPROGEN SR 200MG TABLET
PROGESTERONEManufacturer : BHARAT BIOTECH INTERNATIONAL LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Miprogen SR 200mg Tablet contain the active ingredient Progesterone which is a female hormone. This medicine is similar to the progesterone that your body naturally makes and is given to replace it when your body is not making enough. In younger women who have not yet undergone menopause, this medication is used to restore normal menstrual periods when they have stopped for several months.
Progesterone is also used as part of combination hormone replacement therapy with estrogens in hormone replacement therapy. This medication is not for use in children. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to Progesterone.
Uses of Miprogen SR 200mg Tablet:
This medicine is used for:
- Hormone replacement therapy: Miprogen SR 200mg Tablet are used along with estrogen to reduce menopausal symptoms.
- Amenorrhea: A condition in which women don’t get their periods for months
- Miprogen SR 200mg Tablet are added to estrogen replacement therapy to reduce the risk of uterine cancer
How Miprogen SR 200mg Tablet works:
Miprogen SR 200mg Tablet work by replacing the natural hormone Progesterone in women’s bodies.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking before starting treatment with progesterone.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use after expiration date.
- Besins Healthcare UK Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on 2021] [Accessed on 7th May 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.352.pdf
- MP Warren et al, Use of Progesterone in clinical practice, Int J Fertil Womens Med, 1999, 44(2):96-103. [Accessed on 7th May 2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10338267/
- Donald G Stein et al, The case for progesterone, Ann N Y Acad Sci, 2005, 1052:152-69 [Accessed on 7th May 2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16024758/
- Edwards M et al, Progestins, NCBI Bookshelf, [Revised on 2020] [Accessed on 7th May 2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK563211/#_NBK563211_pubdet_
How to use Miprogen SR 200mg Tablet:
Follow the exact dosage prescribed by your doctor.
This medicine is safe to be used in pregnancy if prescribed by your doctor.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking Miprogen SR 200mg Tablet. Consult with your doctor for advice.
Miprogen SR 200mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver disease.
Consult with your doctor for advice
Miprogen SR 200mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients suffering from kidney disease. Consult with your doctor for advice.
- Do not smoke while taking Gestone 100mg Capsule as this may increase your chances of a blood clot.
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from heart disease. Consult with your doctor for advice.
- Inform your doctor about any recent stroke, blood clot or bleeding in the brain you may have.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reaction
- Painful urination
- Vaginal bleeding
- Memory loss
- Breast lumps
- Dark patches on skin
- Vaginal discharge
- Mood swings
- Frequent urination
MrMed’s primary intention is to ensure that its consumers get information that is reviewed by experts, accurate and trustworthy. The information and contents of this website are for informational purposes only. They are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of your doctor and discuss all your queries related to any disease or medicine. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on MrMed. Our mission is to support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.