MSTARIN 25MG CAPSULE
MIDOSTAURINManufacturer : BDR PHARMACEUTICALS INTERNATIONALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Mstarin 25mg Capsule consists of the active ingredient Midostaurin. It is a chemotherapy medicine indicated to treat adults with acute myeloid leukemia that is caused due to the defect in the gene called FLT3.
Acute myeloid leukemia occurs when a type of white blood cells called myeloid cells are produced in an enormous amount by the body. This medicine is also recommended for patients with cancer in mast cells, which happens due to the production of too many mast cells (a type of White Blood Cells).
Uses of Mstarin 25mg Capsule:
Mstarin 25mg Capsule is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Newly diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), in combination with other chemotherapy treatments.
- Aggressive systemic mastocytosis.
- Mast cell leukemia.
- Systemic mastocytosis with hematological neoplasm.
How Mstarin 25mg Capsule Works:
Mstarin 25mg Capsule targets and blocks the action of enzymes called multiple receptor tyrosine kinases in the cancer cells. It inhibits the receptors in growth factor, stem cells, tyrosine kinase enzymes by interrupting the cancer cell signaling. This, in turn, stops the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at room temperature in the original package and protect it from moisture.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals, [Revised on Nov 2021] [Accessed on 30th Nov 2021], https://www.novartis.us/sites/www.novartis.us/files/rydapt.pdf
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Aug 2021] [Accessed on 30th Nov 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.9134.pdf
- Anton Wellstein, Giuseppe Giaccone, Michael B. Atkins, and Edward A. Sausville, Pathway-Targeted Therapies: Monoclonal Antibodies, Protein Kinase Inhibitors, and Various Small Molecules, Goodman & Gilman’s Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13th Edition, 2018, 1203-1236.
How to use Mstarin 25mg Capsule:
Take the capsule whole and do not crush or split the capsules. Do not make up for the missed dose with an additional dose in case of vomiting.
Tell your physician before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or think you could be pregnant.
Breastfeeding during this treatment might not be safe. Consult your physician before you take this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have liver problems. Ensure that your physician monitors your liver functions.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have kidney problems. Ensure that your physician monitors your kidney functions.
Exercise particular caution while driving or using machines as this medicine can cause dizziness.
- Male patients with female partners of reproductive age and female patients should use reliable and effective contraception methods while on this treatment and for at least 4 months after the last dose.
- Consult your physician and regularly monitor your lung and heart functions.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- High blood sugar levels
- Heart abnormalities
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Frequent infections
- Blood vomiting
- Blood in stools
- Involuntary shivering
- Chest pain
- Mouth sores
- Painful urination
- Pressure or pain in the cheeks and forehead
- Redness, swelling and rashes
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infection
- Breathing trouble
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.