MUCOMIX 400MG INJECTION
ACETYLCYSTEINEManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Mucomix 400mg Injection contains the active constituent acetylcysteine. It is used to treat paracetamol overdose (where someone has taken a potentially dangerous amount of paracetamol). This medication protects your liver from damage by high levels of paracetamol medicine. It works very effectively when given during the first eight to ten hours following paracetamol overdose.
As the time interval increases, the effectiveness is reduced, but it can still work when given up to twenty-four hours after the overdose. This medication may also be used in the treatment of respiratory disorders with abnormal or viscid mucus secretions. It is essential to let the physician know if you have asthma or breathing difficulties, allergies, or other diseases. Mucomix 400mg Injection contains sodium, and you need to talk with the physician if you are on a salt-controlled diet.
Uses of Mucomix 400mg Injection:
- Treats paracetamol overdose
- May help treat respiratory disorders with abnormal or viscid mucus secretions
How Mucomix 400mg Injection works:
Antioxidant glutathione helps deactivate the metabolites of paracetamol. But when paracetamol is consumed in larger quantities, the body’s glutathione reserves are not enough to neutralize the toxic metabolites. Acetylcysteine increases the synthesis of glutathione and protects the liver. The sulfhydryl group present in the acetylcysteine helps lowers the viscosity of mucus secretions.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Mucomix 400mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Aurum Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on Dec 2019] [ Accessed on 18th May 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3447.pdf
- Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on June 2013] [ Accessed on 18th May 2022], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/021539s012lbl.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, NSAIDs and Antipyretic-analgesics, 7th edition, 2013, 206 - 207.
- M Ershad et al; N Acetylcysteine; NCBI Bookshelf; Updated on 29/06/2021; Accessed on 14/04/2021; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537183/
How to use Mucomix 400mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a health care professional.
You need to tell your physician if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
You need to tell your physician if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
- Talk to your doctor if you have asthma, breathing difficulties, allergies, or if you are on a salt-controlled diet.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Swelling of the lips, tongue, or face
- Difficulty in breathing or wheezing
- Irritation at the injection site, rash, itching
- Low or increased blood pressure, rapid heartbeat, or dizziness
- Vomiting, nausea
- Abdominal discomfort
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.