MYCEPT 750MG TABLET
MYCOPHENOLATE MOFETILManufacturer : MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITEDOrigin of Medicine : India
Mycept 750mg Tablet contains the active ingredient Mycophenolate mofetil. It is an immunosuppressant used to prevent and treat organ rejection in patients receiving allogenic, kidney, heart, or liver transplants. It is indicated along with other immunosuppressants to avoid the rejection of the transplanted organ.
Inform your doctor immediately if there are any signs of fever, sore throat, bleeding, or stomach ulcer. Talk to your doctor before getting vaccinated using live vaccines. Men using Mycept 750mg Tablet must not donate sperm during the treatment and must avoid it for at least 90 days after the end of the treatment.
Immunosuppressants increase the risk of skin cancer. Limit your exposure to the sun, wear protective clothing and use a sunscreen with high SPF. Mycept 750mg Tablet can cause defects in the foetus and miscarriages; hence do not start treatment with this medication without informing your doctor.
Effective contraception must be followed before, during, and till six months after the end of treatment with Mycept 750mg Tablet. Diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, dizziness, and headache are some common side effects of this medication.
Uses of Mycept 750mg Tablet:
- Prevention of organ rejection after organ transplantation (liver, kidney or heart).
- To prolong the survival of the transplanted organ.
- Prophylaxis and treatment of acute and chronic Graft versus Host disease in hematopoietic stem cell transplant patients.
How Mycept 750mg Tablet Works:
Mycept 750mg Tablet converts into its active form known as Mycophenolic acid and suppresses the production of T- and B-cells. This reduces the cell-mediated immune responses and antibody formation.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
How to store Mycept 750mg Tablet:
Store Mycept 750mg Tablet protected from light at a temperature not exceeding 30°C.
- Roche Products Limited, European Medicine consortium (emc), [Revised on Jan 2022],[Accessed on 01/07/2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1103.pdf
- Genentech USA, Inc., [ Revised on Oct 2021] [ Accessed on 1/07/2022], https://www.gene.com/download/pdf/cellcept_prescribing.pdf
- S.E. Marshall, Immunological Factors in disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 71-96.
- KD Tripathi, Immunosuppressant Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019,.937-945.
- Ahmed A. Negm & Daniel E. Furst, Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs, Nonopioid Analgesics, & Drugs Used in Gout, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 642-666.
How to use Mycept 750mg Tablet:
Use Mycept 750mg Tablet as directed by your doctor. Your doctor will prescribe a dose depending on the organ transplant performed (heart, liver, or kidney). Avoid direct contact of the medicine with the skin and mucous membranes. If contact occurs, rinse with soap water and eyes with plain water.
Mycept 750mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy as it can harm the foetus and cause birth defects when administered to pregnant women. Take this medication only if prescribed by your doctor.
Do not take Mycept 750mg Tablet as it is unsafe to use during breastfeeding since small amounts of drug pass through the breast milk.
Inform your doctor in case you have any liver diseases.
Inform your doctor in case you have any kidney diseases.
Consult your doctor to know whether it is safe to consume alcohol while using Mycept 750mg Tablet.
Avoid driving or operating machinery during the treatment with Mycept 750mg Tablet in case you experience side effects.
- Do not donate blood for at least 6 weeks after completion of the treatment.
- Inform your physician if you have stomach ulcers.
- Use an effective method of contraception while on treatment with Mycept 750mg Tablet.
- Your physician will regularly conduct blood tests to check for changes in your blood cells and detect signs of infections.
- Do not donate your sperms while being treated with this medication and avoid it for at least 90 days after the end of the treatment.
- Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Mycept 750mg Tablet or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
The side effects of Mycept 750mg Tablet are listed below:
- Infections, fever or sore throat
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Low blood cell count
- Severe allergic reactions
- Higher risk of developing lymphoma and other cancers
- Nausea, abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Weight loss
- Increased heartbeat
- Blood pressure problem
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.