MYCOLON 135MG TABLET
MEBEVERINEManufacturer : WATERLEY PHARMACETICALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Mycolon 135mg Capsule consists of the active substance Mebeverine, which is used to treat the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
Irritable bowel syndrome is characterized by recurring stomach pain, bloating and discomfort due to abnormal defecation. In this condition, the intestine squeezes too tightly, leading to pain. Constipation, diarrhea and bloating are frequent occurrences and when both constipation and diarrhea happen simultaneously, it is called mixed IBS. Stomach pain occurring more than once a week is a distinguishing characteristic of IBS from functional constipation.
Avoiding intake of certain foods that worsen your symptoms could be beneficial for improving your condition. If you are not experiencing improvement in your symptoms or if you develop new symptoms, inform your physician immediately.
Uses of Mycolon 135mg Capsule:
- Treatment of symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
How Mycolon 135mg Capsule works:
Mebeverine has a specific action on the smooth muscles of the intestine. It directly blocks sodium channels and prevents the accumulation of calcium within the cells. Thus, it relieves spasms and promotes movement in the small intestine and ultimately improves the symptoms and quality of life.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Aspire Pharma Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Sep 2016] [Accessed on 28th Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8896.pdf
- I.D. Penman, C.W. Lees, Alimentary tract and pancreatic disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 837-920.
- Valeria Atenea Costa Barney, Alan Felipe Ovalle Hernández, The role of antispasmodics in managing irritable bowel syndrome, Rev Colomb Gastroenterol, 2019, 34 (3), 267-273, http://www.scielo.org.co/pdf/rcg/v34n3/en_0120-9957-rcg-34-03-00269.pdf
How to use Mycolon 135mg Capsule:
Swallow the capsule with water. Do not chew it. Take one capsule 20 minutes before food, twice a day or as directed by your physician.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Mebeverine or other ingredients.
- This medicine is not intended for use in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
- Inform your physician if you are intolerant to some form of sugars.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the face, neck, tongue or throat
- Skin rash
- Redness and itchy skin
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.