NATCLOVIR 250MG CAPSULE
GANCICLOVIRManufacturer : NATCO PHARMA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Natclovir 250mg Capsule contains the active ingredient Ganciclovir. This medicine is used to treat and prevent cytomegalovirus (CMV) infections. It is used to treat CMV infections in AIDS patients and prevent CMV infections in people who received an organ transplant from someone infected with this virus. Cytomegalovirus can affect anyone but is mainly seen in people with a weak immune system. It can affect any part of the body, including the retina at the back of the eye – causing problems with eyesight.
You need to talk to your physician if you have kidney disorders, allergic conditions, or are undergoing radiotherapy or hemodialysis before taking Natclovir 250mg Capsule. Use effective birth control during the treatment and for at least 30 days after the last dose if you are a woman or for at least 90 days after the last dose if you are a man. Make sure you inform your physician of all the medicines, including supplements and herbal medicines, you are taking before you start treatment with this medication.
Uses of Natclovir 250mg Capsule:
- Treats and prevents cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection
How Natclovir 250mg Capsule works:
Natclovir 250mg Capsule prevents the growth of the virus by inhibiting viral DNA synthesis.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25°C.
- Roche Products Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on Jan 2022], [Accessed on 09/05/2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1641.pdf
- European medicines agency; Published on 25/02/2016; Accessed on 09/05/2022; https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/referral/cymevene-article-30-referral-assessment-report_en.pdf
- CS Crumpacker; Ganciclovir; NCBI Bookshelf; [Revised: 1996] [Accessed: 12/Apr/2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8786764/
- Abdullah A Al Badr et al; Ganciclovir; [Revised: 2018] [Accessed: 12/Apr/2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29678260/
- T Matthews et al; Antiviral activity and mechanism of action of Ganciclovir; [Revised: 1988] [Accessed:12/Apr/2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2847285/
How to use Natclovir 250mg Capsule:
Always take Natclovir 250mg Capsule exactly as your doctor has prescribed you. Swallow the capsules whole with water and do not crush or chew them. The capsules need to be taken with food. If you accidentally touched the broken capsules, immediately wash your hands with water and soap.
This medicine is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult your doctor for advice.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking this medicine. Consult your doctor for advice.
This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from kidney problems. Consult your doctor for advice.
- You need to inform your physician if you have allergic conditions, other diseases or undergoing radiotherapy before taking Natclovir 250mg Capsule.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Low blood cell count
- Blood infection
- Stomach pain that spreads into your back
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Loss of appetite
- Short of breath
- Thrush and oral thrush
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.