NATZOLD 5MG INFUSION
ZOLEDRONIC ACIDManufacturer : NATCO PHARMA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Natzold 5mg Infusion is made up of the active ingredient Zoledronic Acid. It is indicated to prevent bone complications like fractures in patients with bone cancer that has started spreading to other organs. It is also used to reduce the amount of calcium in the blood in cancer patients. This condition is referred to as tumor-induced hypercalcemia, where the tumor cells accelerate bone changes and increase calcium release from the bone.
Natzold 5mg Infusion is also prescribed for bone disorders like Paget’s disease, osteoporosis in men and postmenopausal women. This medicine belongs to the category of medications called Bisphosphonates. Bisphosphonates are synthetic analogs of pyrophosphate and they inhibit bone resorption.
Uses of Natzold 5mg Infusion:
- Prevention of bone complications
- Reduction of calcium levels in the blood
- Increase of bone mass in men and postmenopausal women with osteoporosis.
- Treatment of Paget’s disease and glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis.
How Natzold 5mg Infusion works:
Natzold 5mg Infusion works by attaching to the bone and altering the rate of bone changes. It forms a strong bond with calcium phosphate crystals of the bone and slows down the formation and dissolution of the bone components. It also effectively arrests the production of metastatic cancer cells.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Use immediately after opening. If not, store in a refrigerator but not for more than 24 hours.
- Seacross Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (EMC), [Revised on 8th Nov 2021] [Accessed on 28th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.7205.pdf
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals, US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Jul 2017] [Accessed on 1st Jul 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/021817s027lbl.pdf
- Shannon Palmer et al., Safety of Intravenous Bisphosphonates for the Treatment of Hypercalcemia in Patients with Pre-existing Renal Dysfunction, Annals of Pharmacotherapy,2020, 55(3), 303-310, [Accessed on 1st Jul 2021], https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1060028020953501
- KD Tripathi, Hormones and Drugs Affecting Calcium Balance, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 360-372.
How to use Natzold 5mg Infusion:
Your physician will recommend drinking sufficient water before starting this treatment to prevent dehydration. This injection will be administered only by a healthcare professional qualified in administering bisphosphonates through the intravenous route.
This medicine is unsafe during pregnancy. Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
This medicine is not safe to use while breastfeeding. Consult your physician for advice if you are planning to breastfeed your baby.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver problems.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney problems.
Avoid driving or operating machines if you experience drowsiness or sleepiness.
- Your physician will conduct blood tests periodically to check your response to treatment.
- Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Zoledronic acid, bisphosphonates or other ingredients.
- Inform your physician if you have had pain, swelling or numbness in your jaw or dental problems.
- Inform your physician if you experience symptoms such as muscle cramps, dry skin, burning sensation, irregular heart rate, seizures, spasms, etc. These symptoms indicate low levels of calcium in the blood.
- This medicine is not intended for use in children below 18 years of age.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe kidney problems
- Low calcium levels in the blood
- Low phosphate, RBC levels in the blood
- Fever, tiredness, weakness, drowsiness, bone/muscle pain
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.