PENTASA 1GM GRANULES
MESALAZINEManufacturer : FERRING PHARMACEUTICALSOrigin of Medicine : India
Pentasa 1gm Granules is used to treat acute episodes and prevent further episodes of Ulcerative colitis. It is a disease of the large bowel (colon) and back passage (rectum) in which the lining of the bowel becomes inflamed (red and swollen). Symptoms of this inflammatory disease are rectal bleeding, frequent diarrhea and abdominal pain. Talk to your doctor if you have any allergic conditions, liver disorders, kidney disorders, intolerant to sugars and lung problems, particularly bronchial asthma before taking this medicine. Kidney stones may develop with the use of this medicine. Drink plenty of fluids while taking this medicine. This medicine is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Discontinue the medication if you experience any serious skin reactions while taking this medicine.
Uses of Pentasa 1gm Granules:
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammation of the bowel lining)
How Pentasa 1gm Granules work:
It inhibits cyclooxygenase enzyme and prostaglandin (substances responsible for inflammation) production in colon and reduces inflammation.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use after expiration date.
- Dr Falk Pharma GmbH Ltd; Electronic Medicines Compendium (emc); [Revised: Jan 2021] [Accessed:21/Apr/2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2802.pdf
- P Gionchetti et al; Comparison of oral with rectal Mesalazine in the treatment of ulcerative colitis; [Published:1998] [Accessed:21/Apr/2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9510317/
- Raffi Karogizian et al; The role of Mesalamine in the treatment of ulcerative colitis; [Published: 2007] [Accessed:21/Apr/2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2376091/
- Christopher S J Probert et al; Combined oral and rectal Mesalazine for the treatment of mild to moderately active ulcerative colitis; rapid symptom resolution and improvements in quality of life; [Published: 2014] [Accessed:21/Apr/2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24012063/
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Drugs for constipation and diarrhoea, 7th edition, 2013, 684.
How to use Pentasa 1gm Granules:
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Take this medicine by placing the granules directly on the tongue and swallow them with plenty of liquid without chewing.
Pentasa 1gm Granules is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for advice.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking Pentasa 1gm Granules. Consult with your doctor for advice.
Talk to your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking this medicine.
Talk to your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you have bronchial asthma or intolerance to sugars.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Problems with lung, liver or kidney function
- Blood abnormalities
- Worsening of the symptoms of Colitis
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- Hair loss
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.