MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE,POTASSIUM CHLORIDE,PROCAINEManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Plegiocard Injection contains a combination of drugs; potassium chloride 59.65mg, magnesium chloride 162.65mg, and procaine hydrochloride 13.64mg. It is used to prevent the heart from beating during heart surgery. This is performed to protect the heart tissue from cell death caused by a lack of blood supply. This medicine is used in the hospital setting only. The physician should be informed about the patient’s medication history, if the patient is pregnant, or breastfeeding before the administration of Plegiocard Injection. This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine. After being given Plegiocard Injection, you must not use machines or drive until your physician has told you that it is safe to do so.
Uses of Plegiocard Injection:
- To prevent the heart from beating during heart surgery
How Plegiocard Injectionworks:
Procaine hydrochloride numbs the specific part of the body. Magnesium and potassium hydrochloride helps in stopping the heartbeat.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Plegiocard Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25ºC.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Local anaesthetics, 12th edition, 2011, 576.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Local anaesthetics, 7th edition, 2013, 366.
- Martindale Pharma, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on June 2013] [ Accessed on 27th July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3694.pdf
How to use Plegiocard Injection:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
The physician should be informed if the patient is pregnant before the administration of Plegiocard Injection.
The physician should be informed if the patient is breastfeeding before the administration of Plegiocard Injection.
After being given Plegiocard Injection, you must not use machines or drive until your physician has told you that it is safe to do so.
- The physician should be informed if the patient has allergic conditions or other diseases before the administration of Plegiocard Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.