PLEGRIDY 63/94MCG INJECTION
PEGYLATED INTERFERON BETA-1AManufacturer : EISAI PHARMACEUTICALS INDIA PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : Japan
Contact us for latest updates.
Contact us for latest updates.
Plegridy 63/94mcg Injection is a subcutaneous injection containing Pegylated Interferon Beta-1A.It is indicated to treat multiple sclerosis in adults. Usually, human cells produce interferons naturally in response to bacteria and viruses, and they inhibit viruses and regulate the immune system. Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis is a chronic neurological condition where symptoms of pain, tiredness, speech problems, visual disturbance worsen with relapses.
Uses of Plegridy 63/94mcg Injection:
- First-line Treatment for adult patients with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis or as an alternative for patients who did not respond to other treatments.
How Plegridy 63/94mcg Injection Works:
Interferons are naturally occurring proteins and glycoproteins that are produced by human cells in response to viral and other biological infections, by exhibiting antiviral, antiproliferative and immunomodulatory properties. Plegridy 63/94mcg Injection is a modified long-acting form of interferon. It works by slowing down the progression of disease and reduces the frequency at which relapse occurs. Further, this stops the immune system from damaging the brain and spinal cord.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep this Injection away from sight and reach of children. Store in the original package to protect from light. Consult your pharmacist regarding the method of discarding the medicine that you no longer use. Store in a refrigerator (2-8°C). Do not reuse or share the pen.
- National Institute for Health and Excellence, Peginterferon beta-1a for treating relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis, [Revised on 19th Feb 2020] [Accessed on 3rd Apr 2021], https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta624/resources/peginterferon-beta1a-for-treating-relapsingremitting-multiple-sclerosis-pdf-82609017256645
- Biogen Idec Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Feb 2021] [Accessed on 3rd Apr 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3409.pdf
How to use Plegridy 63/94mcg Injection:
- Inject at a different site each time to avoid the risk of skin and muscle irritation.
- Do not use it on a bruised, sore, infected or wounded part of the skin.
- The injection should be kept at a room temperature for half an hour before use.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and dry them.
- Keep sticking plasters and alcohol wipes handy in case you need them.
- Check the site of injection after 2 hours for redness, swelling or tenderness.
Consult your physician for advice before taking Plegridy 63/94mcg Injection if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Plegridy 63/94mcg Injection can be used during breastfeeding.
Consult your physician for monitoring your liver functions at regular intervals if you have liver disorders.
Consult your physician for advice for monitoring your kidney functions, BP and Blood platelet levels at regular intervals if you have kidney disorders.
Report to your physician if you are facing allergic reactions or hypersensitivity reactions to Pegylated Interferon Beta-1A or any other medicines.
- Inform your physician if you have experienced depression, seizures or if you have been diagnosed with disease in the bone marrow, heart or thyroid.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic and hypersensitivity reactions characterized by swelling of face, lips, throat, tongue; itching, weakness
- Jaundice, loss of appetite, difficulty concentrating, sleepiness and confusion
- Fever, headache, chills, muscle and joint pain
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
- Skin reactions at the injected area
- Changes in the laboratory values of blood cells (RBC, WBC, Platelets) and liver functions.
- Hair loss
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.