PREPIT 125MG/80MG KIT
APREPITANTManufacturer : KHANDELWAL LABORATORIES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Prepit 125mg/80mg Kit contains the active constituent aprepitant in two different doses. It is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy (cancer treatment) in adults and children twelve years of age and older. It also prevents nausea and vomiting after surgery.
Before taking Prepit 125mg/80mg Kit, it is important to inform your physician about all the medications you are taking recently, including supplements and herbal medicines. This medication may reduce the efficacy of hormonal contraceptives. Talk with your doctor about alternative birth control options.
Before taking Prepit 125mg/80mg Kit, you need to inform your doctor if you have liver disorders, allergic conditions, or other diseases. Indigestion, tiredness, headache, hiccups and loss of appetite are the common side effects of this medication. Talk to your doctor if you have an intolerance to some sugars as this medication contains sucrose.
Uses of Prepit 125mg/80mg Kit:
- Prevents nausea and vomiting due to chemotherapy and surgery
How Prepit 125mg/80mg Kit works:
Prepit 125mg/80mg Kit blocks the action of a natural substance called neurokinin in the brain that causes nausea and vomiting.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Store below 30°C.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiemetic, Prokinetic and Digestant Drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 669-670.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Treatment of disorders of bowel motility and water flux, 12th edition, 2011, 1345.
- Accord Healthcare Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised date Dec 2018], [Accessed date 4th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.10294.pdf
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised date April 2015], [Accessed date 4th Dec 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2015/021549s025lbl.pdf
How to use Prepit 125mg/80mg Kit:
Take Prepit 125mg/80mg Kit in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the capsule whole with water. Do not crush or chew the capsules. These capsules can be taken with or without food. Do not take more than recommended.
This medication may harm your unborn baby. Inform your physician if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Prepit 125mg/80mg Kit. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Do not breastfeed while taking Prepit 125mg/80mg Kit. Inform your physician if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
Inform your physician if you have any liver disorders before taking Prepit 125mg/80mg Kit, as this medication should be used with caution in liver disorder patients.
The medicine may make you dizzy. Avoid driving or handling heavy machines if you are unwell
- You need to tell your doctor if you have an intolerance to some sugars, allergic conditions or other diseases before taking Prepit 125mg/80mg Kit.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions (rash, itching, difficulty breathing, or swallowing)
- Indigestion, constipation
- Loss of appetite
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.