PRIMIGYN 0.5MG GEL
DINOPROSTONEManufacturer : BHARAT SERUMS & VACCINES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Primigyn 0.5mg Gel contains the active constituent dinoprostone. It is used to induce the delivery of a baby. This medicine helps the uterus (womb) start contracting, and you will go into labour (childbirth). Talk to your doctor if you have asthma, epilepsy, eye problems, heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, and high blood pressure. Inform your doctor if you are 35 years or older and have complications related to this pregnancy. It will not be given to you if you had a caesarean, difficult delivery in a previous pregnancy, waters have broken, had more than four full-term pregnancies, and pelvic or vaginal complications. Tell your doctor about all medicines you are taking recently. Primigyn 0.5mg Gel will only be given in the final stages of pregnancy to induce labour.
Uses of Primigyn 0.5mg Gel:
- Induction of labour (childbirth)
How Primigyn 0.5mg Gel works:
Primigyn 0.5mg Gel stimulates the uterus, and opens the cervix (part of the birth canal) to allow the baby through.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store under continuous refrigeration.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Platelet-activating factor, 7th edition, 2013, 189.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Contraception and Pharmacotherapy of Obstetrical, 12th edition, 2011, 1850.
- Pfizer, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Oct 2020] [ Accessed on 11th May 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1090.pdf
- Pfizer, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Feb 2010] [ Accessed on 11th May 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/019617s010lbl.pdf
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on March 2020] [ Accessed on 11th May 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.135.pdf
How to use Primigyn 0.5mg Gel:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
Primigyn 0.5mg Gel will only be given in the final stages of pregnancy to induce labour.
Inform your doctor if you have any liver diseases.
Inform your doctor if you have any kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you have epilepsy, eye disease, heart problems or asthma
- Tell your doctor if you have any complications related to this pregnancy.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Nausea, vomiting
- Increased contractions of the womb
- Baby may become distressed
- Discolored amniotic fluid
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.