PTH 30MG TABLET
CINACALCETManufacturer : INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
PTH 30mg Tablet is composed of the active ingredient Cinacalcet Hydrochloride. It treats problems with the parathyroid gland. The parathyroid gland consists of four small glands near the thyroid gland.
Hyperparathyroidism causes loss of calcium in the bones that could lead to complications such as bone pain, fracture, heart and blood vessel problems, kidney stones, mental illness and coma. Primary hyperparathyroidism refers to hyperparathyroidism with no other cause, whereas secondary hyperparathyroidism refers to hyperparathyroidism caused by other conditions such as kidney disease.
Uses of PTH 30mg Tablet:
- Treatment of hyperparathyroidism in patients with severe kidney disease requiring dialysis
- Reduction of high levels of calcium in the blood in patients with parathyroid cancer
- Reduction of high calcium levels in the blood in patients with hyperparathyroidism when the removal of the parathyroid gland is not possible.
How PTH 30mg Tablet works:
PTH 30mg Tablet works by activating calcium-sensing receptors on parathyroid cells and other tissues of the body. Calcium sensing receptor is widely distributed all over the body, but it is heavily concentrated in the parathyroid glands. This medicine inhibits parathyroid hormone secretion and thus decreases plasma levels of PTH, calcium and phosphate.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep these tablets away from the sight and reach of children.
- Amgen Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Aug 2017] [Accessed on 29th Jun 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5599.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Hormones and Drugs Affecting Calcium Balance, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 360-372.
- Daniel D. Bickle, Agents that affect bone mineral homeostasis, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 772-791.
How to use PTH 30mg Tablet:
Take this tablet with or shortly after food. Your physician will examine your blood samples to monitor your progress and adjust your dose if necessary.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. Your physician will determine the suitability and safe use of this medicine.
Consult your physician before breastfeeding. Your physician should decide whether you should continue or stop breastfeeding for some time, depending on your condition.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions regularly.
Avoid driving or using machinery as this medicine could cause dizziness.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Cinacalcet or its ingredients.
- Inform your physician before taking this tablet if you have seizures or heart problems.
- Inform your physician if you have a smoking habit.
- This tablet is not intended for use for children younger than 18 years of age.
- Talk to your physician if you experience symptoms like spasms, muscle cramps, numbness or tingling in your fingers, toes or mouth, seizures, confusion, etc, as these could be the signs of low levels of calcium in the blood. Low calcium could lead to fatal outcomes.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Numbness and tingling around the mouth
- Muscle cramps
- Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat
- Difficulty swallowing or breathing
- Allergic reactions
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle pain
- Low testosterone levels
- High potassium levels in the blood
- Upper respiratory infection
- Low BP
- Stomach and back pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.