SCAPHO 150MG INJECTION
SECUKINUMABManufacturer : CIPLA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Scapho 150mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Secukinumab. It treats moderate to severe plaque psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and axial spondyloarthritis. Plaque psoriasis is a skin condition caused due to inflammation. This Injection is an interleukin inhibitor that reduces symptoms like itching, scaling and pain and improves skin clearance.
In psoriatic arthritis, Scapho 150mg Injection is either given alone or with Methotrexate to improve the bone and cartilage of the joints and improve your ability to do regular physical activity. In axial spondyloarthritis, this medicine reduces the signs and symptoms and enhances physical function.
Uses of Scapho 150mg Injection Injection:
Scapho 150mg Injection is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
- Active Psoriatic arthritis.
- Active Ankylosing spondylitis
- Axial spondyloarthritis
- Non-Radiographic axial spondyloarthritis
How Scapho 150mg Injection Injection Works:
Scapho 150mg Injection is an interleukin inhibitor that neutralizes the activity of a protein called Interleukin-17A (IL-17A). IL-17A involves normal inflammatory and immune responses, which plays a prominent role in disease formation.
Scapho 150mg Injection stops the interaction between interleukin 17 with its receptor. When this interaction does not happen, inflammatory mediators do not release. Ultimately, the symptoms of plaque psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and axial spondyloarthritis improve.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep Scapho 150mg Injection out of sight and reach of children. Refrigerate at a temperature between 2-8°C. Store the product in the original packaging to protect it from light. Do not freeze or shake. Discard if there is any unused portion.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on May 2021] [Accessed on 2nd Apr 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2021/125504s043lbl.pdf
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jul 2021] [Accessed on 1st Mar 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3669.pdf
- Anton Wellstein, Giuseppe Giaccone, Michael B. Atkins, and Edward A. Sausville, Pathway-Targeted Therapies: Monoclonal Antibodies, Protein Kinase Inhibitors, and Various Small Molecules, Goodman & Gilman’s Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13th Edition, 2018, 1203-1236.
- KD Tripathi, Anticancer Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 915-936.
How to use Scapho 150mg Injection:
Use Scapho 150mg Injection as prescribed by your physician. Do not inject Scapho 150mg Injection without the supervision of your physician.
It is not known if Scapho 150mg Injection causes fetal harm. Consult your physician if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
It is not known whether Scapho 150mg Injection is excreted in breast milk. Consult your physician if you are breastfeeding.
Consult your physician for advice before taking Scapho 150mg Injection if you have any liver disease.
Consult your physician for advice before taking Scapho 150mg Injection if you have any kidney disease.
- Consult your physician and get evaluated for Tuberculosis.
- Inform your physician if you have Inflammatory Bowel Disease, recurring infections.
- Do not receive live vaccines while on Scapho 150mg Injection therapy.
- If a severe allergic or hypersensitivity reaction occurs, report to your physician immediately.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Inflammatory bowel disease, characterized by symptoms of Diarrhea and stomach pain and blood in stool.
- Hypersensitivity reactions with symptoms of skin rash, dizziness, breathlessness, chest tightness and swelling of face, eyelids, lips, mouth, tongue or throat.
- Upper Respiratory infections
- Cold symptoms
- Runny nose
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.