SETROL 60MG INJECTION
SODIUM TETRADECYL SULPHATEManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Setrol 60mg Injection contains the active ingredient Sodium tetradecyl sulphate. It is prescribed to treat varicose veins and spider veins. Varicose veins are often a result of deep vein thrombosis and obesity.
This medicine also effectively treats oral lesions that are a result of vein malformation in the oral cavity. This injection belongs to the category of drugs called sclerosing agents and the treatment with such agents is termed sclerotherapy. Sclerotherapy is a safe and effective substitute to surgery for the treatment of small lesions.
Uses of Setrol 60mg Injection:
- Treatment of varicose veins and spider veins.
- Treatment of oral lesions
How Setrol 60mg Injection works:
When injected into the affected vein, Setrol 60mg Injection dilates the lining of the vein walls, making them stick together. This, in turn, stops the blood flow and the veins turn into scar tissue and eventually fades within a few weeks.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at 20-25°C. Do not use if precipitated. Store in the outer packaging to protect it from light.
- Mylan Institutional LLC, [Revised on Jan 2019] [Accessed on 7th Jul 2021], https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=f1756c28-dcd2-4b49-be62-07ca20682018&type=display
- STD Pharmaceutical Products Ltd., Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on 5th Mar 2018] [Accessed on 7th Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1199.pdf
- S.H. Ibbotson, R.S. Dawe, Skin disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 1249-1305.
How to use Setrol 60mg Injection:
Your physician will determine the area to treat and inject this medicine with the help of ultrasound guidance.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. Your physician will prescribe this medicine only if the benefits are more than risks.
It is unknown if this drug is passed in human milk. Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding during this treatment
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases.
You might have to use a bandage or compression stocking after this treatment to reduce inflammation, which could affect your driving ability.
Your physician will monitor you during and after this treatment to detect signs of allergic reactions like redness, itching, cough, migraine, tingling or numbness. Inform your physician if you are hypersensitive to any food or medicines.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have asthma.
- Inform your physician if you have problems in the veins of your legs, blood clots, heart problems, inflammation or pulmonary hypertension.
- Inform your physician if you have diabetes, thyroid problem, a problem with walking, blood disorders, cancer, block in the artery or have undergone surgery recently.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions (asthma, hay fever, anaphylactic shock)
- Blood circulation failure (blackouts, fatigue, fainting, chest pain)
- Blood clot in the lungs
- Pain or burning sensation at the injection site
- Superficial inflammation of the vein
- Skin discoloration
- Growth of very fine spider veins
- Headache, nausea, vomiting
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.