TBIS 0.1% OINTMENT
TACROLIMUSManufacturer : BIOCON LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
TBIS 0.1% Ointment contains the active constituent tacrolimus. It is used in the treatment of moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (eczema). In atopic dermatitis, an over-reaction of the skin’s immune system causes skin inflammation (redness, itchiness, dryness). This ointment is not recommended for children younger than 16 years of age. Before using TBIS 0.1% Ointment, you need to talk to your physician if you have liver problems, skin tumors, infected lesions, weakened immune system, or other diseases.
Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial sunlight such as tanning beds. Use sunscreen and protective clothing if you must go outside. Report to the physician if you notice any change to the appearance of your skin. Avoid drinking alcohol during the treatment.
Uses of TBIS 0.1% Ointment:
- Atopic dermatitis
How TBIS 0.1% Ointment works:
TBIS 0.1% Ointment modifies the abnormal immune response and relieves the skin inflammation and itch.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep TBIS 0.1% Ointment out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- LEO Pharma A/S, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on June 2021] [ Accessed on 13th Jan 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1608.pdf
- Astellas Toyama Co., Ltd, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Nov 2011] [ Accessed on 13th Jan 2022], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/050777s018lbl.pdf
- Dene Simpson, Stuart Noble; TBIS 0.1% Ointment: a review of its use in atopic dermatitis and its clinical potential in other inflammatory skin conditions; Drugs; Published on 2005; Accessed on 13/01/2022; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15819596/
How to use TBIS 0.1% Ointment:
Always use TBIS 0.1% Ointment exactly as your physician has told you. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the ointment gently. You may use moisturizing lotions and creams during the treatment, but these items should not be used within 2 hours of applying TBIS 0.1% Ointment.
You need to tell your physician if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before using TBIS 0.1% Ointment.
You need to tell your physician if you are breastfeeding before using TBIS 0.1% Ointment.
You need to tell your physician if you have any liver disorders before using TBIS 0.1% Ointment.
Avoid drinking alcohol during the treatment as it may cause the skin to become red or flushed and feel hot.
- Before using TBIS 0.1% Ointment, talk to your physician if you have skin tumors, weakened immune system, infected lesions, or other diseases.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial sunlight such as tanning beds. Use sunscreen and protective clothing if you must go outside.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Burning sensation and itching that generally go away within 1 week of using this ointment
- Feeling of warmth
- Increased skin sensitivity (particularly to cold and hot)
- Skin tingling
- Local skin infections
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.