VALNOVA 450MG TABLET
VALGANCICLOVIRManufacturer : MEDGENIX PHARMAI(I)PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Valnova 450mg Tablet contains the active constituent valganciclovir. It is used to treat viral infections. It is converted into ganciclovir after entering the body, which acts to fight viral infections. It is used in the treatment of Cytomegalovirus (CMV) infections of the retina of the eye in patients with Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). Cytomegalovirus infection often leads to vision problems and blindness.
Valnova 450mg Tablet is also used to prevent Cytomegalovirus (CMV) infections in patients who have received an organ transplant from a person who was infected with CMV and as prophylaxis for CMV in adults and children. Inform your physician if you are allergic to antiviral medicines. Do not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding. Talk to your doctor if you have kidney disorders, low blood counts, or are undergoing radiation therapy or hemodialysis.
Uses of Valnova 450mg Tablet:
- Treatment and prevention of Cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection
How Valnova 450mg Tablet works:
After administration, the valganciclovir is rapidly converted into ganciclovir by the liver enzymes. Ganciclovir prevents the virus growth by inhibiting viral DNA synthesis.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Store at room temperature between 15°C to 30°C. Do not freeze.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiviral drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 801.
- Roche Products Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Oct 2020] [ Accessed on 7th April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1641.pdf
- Genentech USA, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Aug 2010] [ Accessed on 7th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/021304s008,022257s003lbl.pdf
How to use Valnova 450mg Tablet:
Take this medication in the dose and duration prescribed by your physician. Swallow the tablets whole and intact. Do not break or chew the tablets. Valnova 450mg Tablet should be taken with food. If you accidentally touch the damaged tablets, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. If any powder gets into your eyes, rinse your eyes with sterile or clean water.
Taking Valnova 450mg Tablet while the pregnancy can harm the baby. You should not take this medicine during the pregnancy unless your doctor recommends to take. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to pregnant before taking this medicine.
You must not take Valnova 450mg Tablet if you are breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you are breast feeding before taking this medicine.
Talk to your doctor if you have kidney disorders or recently undergone hemodialysis.
The medicine may make you feel dizzy, tired or confused. Avoid driving while treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to other antiviral medications or if you undergo any radiation therapy.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Anaphylactic shock (sudden swelling of throat, face, lips, hand, ankles, difficulty swallowing, itchy skin rash)
- Low blood counts (shortness of breath, pale skin, mouth ulcers, sore throat)
- Blood infection
- Severe stomach pain which spreads into your back
- Respiratory tract infections
- Loss of appetite
- Head ache, Dizziness
- Cough, fever
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Tiredness, feeling sick
- Infections in urinary tract, skin
- Weight loss
- Anxious, confused
- Troubled sleeping
- Abnormal sensation of skin (tickling, pricking, burning, tingling)
- Changes in taste
- Eye, ear pain
- Night sweats
- Joint pain, muscle spasms
- Hair loss
- Low blood pressure
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.