VANOGARD 1000MG INJECTION
VANCOMYCINManufacturer : CONCORD BIOTECH LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Vanogard 1000mg Injection consists of the active constituent Vancomycin that is indicated for reducing the development of drug-resistant bacteria. It belongs to a family of medicines called Glycopeptide antibiotics. It is isolated from Amycolatopsis orientalis and is active against Gram-positive bacteria due to its significant molecular weight. The cell wall of gram positive bacteria is almost entirely made of peptidoglycan which is very thick.
Uses of Vanogard 1000mg Injection:
- Elimination of infection-causing bacteria
- Treatment of infections of the bones, muscles, skin, lung and heart valves
- Prevention of potential infections of heart valves that is likely to occur after some types of surgery.
- Treatment of severe infections caused by staphylococcus in patients who have failed to respond to other antibiotics.
- Treatment of endocarditis caused by staphylococcus and diphtheroid bacteria
How Vanogard 1000mg Injection Works:
Vanogard 1000mg Injection binds to units of peptidoglycan present in the bacteria's cell wall. This weakens the peptidoglycan and the bacterial cell becomes more prone to division. Thus, the cell membrane is damaged and cell wall synthesis is also inhibited, ultimately resulting in the inhibition of the bacterial action.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep this vial out of sight and reach of children. Store below 25˚C in the outer carton to protect it from light. Do not use the solution if it appears cloudy or if particles are suspended in it.
- Laboratórios Azevedos, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Aug 2018] [Accessed on 14th Apr 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8759.pdf
- Pfizer Canada Inc., [Revised on 7th Jun 2018] [Accessed on 14th Apr 2021], https://www.pfizer.ca/sites/default/files/201806/2018.06.07_Vanking 500mg Injection_Hydrochloride_PM_E_213061.pdf
- Baxter International Inc, [Revised on Sep 2017] [Accessed on 14th Apr 2021], https://baxterpi.com/pi-pdf/Vanking 500mg Injection_Injection_PI.pdf
- Camille E. Beauduy, Lisa G. Winston, Beta-Lactam & Other Cell Wall- & Membrane-Active Antibiotics, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 795-814.
- KD Tripathi, Macrolide, Lincosamide, Glycopeptide and other Antibacterial Antibiotics, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 801-814.
How to use Vanogard 1000mg Injection:
Vanogard 1000mg Injection should be administered only under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional.
Your physician will prescribe Vanogard 1000mg Injection only if it is essential and there is no other alternative.
Use Vanogard 1000mg Injection with caution if you are breastfeeding. Consult your physician before breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before starting treatment with Vanogard 1000mg Injection if you have a liver problem.
Inform your physician before starting treatment with Vanogard 1000mg Injection if you have a kidney problem.
- Inform your physician before taking Vanogard 1000mg Injection if you are over 65 years old or have difficulty hearing.
- Vanogard 1000mg Injection is not indicated in patients with hypersensitivity. Inform your physician if you have hypersensitivity to Vancomycin or any of its ingredients.
- Inform your physician if you have to undergo any surgery.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Kidney damage
- Ear damage
- Severe allergic reaction
- Severe diarrhea
- Blood disorders
- Hemorrhagic occlusive retinal vasculitis
- Low BP
- Redness in upper body and face
- Mucosal inflammation
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.