VINCRETA 1MG INJECTION
VINCRISTINE SULPHATEManufacturer : METTA LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Vincreta 1mg Injection is a chemotherapy medication containing the active constituent vincristine sulphate. It is used to treat cancers of blood, head, breast, neck, kidney, bone, or lung. It is used in the treatment of rhabdomyosarcoma (cancer that affects muscle tissue) and neuroblastoma (cacer that develops from immature nerve cells). It may also be used to treat multiple myeloma (cancer of plasma cells), thyroid cancer, and blood disorder known as idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP). Cancer is a disorder in which cells multiply in an uncontrolled and abnormal manner.
This chemotherapy medicine should not be used if you have an untreated infection or Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome (a disorder that causes weakness in the leg muscles). Talk to your physician if you have breathing problems, mental health illness, liver disorders, low blood cell count, nervous disorders, or if you are having radiotherapy before taking Vincreta 1mg Injection. Use effective birth control during the treatment with this medication.
Uses of Vincreta 1mg Injection:
- Cancers of blood, head, neck, breast, kidney, bone, or lung
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)
- Multiple myeloma
- Thyroid cancer
How Vincreta 1mg Injection works:
Vincreta 1mg Injection binds to the protein tubulin, disrupts mitotic spindle (necessary for the division of genetic material), results in arrest of dividing cells.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Vincreta 1mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store in a refrigerator (2ºC - 8 ºC).
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Cytotoxic agents, 12th edition, 2011, 1707.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Anticancer drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 865.
- Hospira UK Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on March 2022] [ Accessed on 31st May 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1501.pdf
- Hospira, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on July 2013] [ Accessed on 31st May 2022], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2014/071484s042lbl.pdf
- Jan Skubnik et al; Vincristine in Combination Therapy of Cancer: Emerging Trends in Clinics; Biology; Published on 31/08/2021; Accessed on 31/05/2022; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8468923/
How to use Vincreta 1mg Injection:
It will be given to your health care professional.
Vincreta 1mg Injection can cause harm to the unborn baby. You need to talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
You need to talk to your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Vincreta 1mg Injection. It may cause harm to the baby.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Vincreta 1mg Injection as this medicine should be used with caution in liver disease patients.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Vincreta 1mg Injection as this medicine should be used with caution in kidney disease patients.
Vincreta 1mg Injection may cause dizziness. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- Consult your physician if you have an untreated infection, Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome (a disorder that causes weakness in the leg muscles), breathing problems, mental health illness, low blood cell count, nervous disorders, or if you are having radiotherapy, before taking Vincreta 1mg Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reaction (swelling of face, lips, mouth, throat, feet or ankles, feeling faint, difficulty breathing)
- Swelling or pain at the injection site during or immediately after the injection
- Chest pain, severe breathing problems
- Hair loss
- Headache, dizziness
- Loss of appetite
- Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- Stomach pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.