ZAVICEFTA 2GM INJECTION
CEFTAZIDIME,AVIBACTUMManufacturer : PFIZER LTDOrigin of Medicine : United States of America
Zavicefta 2gm Injection contains the active constituents ceftazidime and Avibactum. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the abdomen, urinary tract, and lungs. This medication is not recommended for pediatric patients aged under 3 months. Before taking this medication, talk to your physician if you have any kidney problems, allergic conditions, or if you are on a salt-controlled diet.
Diarrhea is a common problem associated with the administration of antibiotics, which usually ends when the treatment is stopped. Inform your physician if you have any watery or bloody stools while taking Zavicefta 2gm Injection. Before giving a sample for urine tests, tell the person taking the sample that you have been given this medication as it may affect the results of some urine tests.
Uses of Zavicefta 2gm Injection:
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections
- Complicated urinary tract infections
How Zavicefta 2gm Injectionworks:
Ceftazidime prevents the growth of bacteria by stopping the cell wall synthesis in bacteria. Avibactum inactivates certain enzymes produced by bacteria that degrade ceftazidime and ensure the antibacterial activity of ceftazidime.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Zavicefta 2gm Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store the vials between 15°C to 30°C.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Beta-Lactam Antibiotics, 7th edition, 2013,728.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Penicillins, Cephalosporins and other Beta-Lactam Antibiotics, 12th edition, 2011, 1498.
- Pfizer Ireland Pharmaceuticals, Electronic medicines compendium, [Revised on Feb 2021] [ Accessed on 14th March 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2465.pdf
- Allergan USA, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on March 2019] [ Accessed on 14th March 2022], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2019/206494s005,s006lbl.pdf
How to use Zavicefta 2gm Injection:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Zavicefta 2gm Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Zavicefta 2gm Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Zavicefta 2gm Injection.
Zavicefta 2gm Injection can cause dizziness. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
You need to tell your physician if you:
- Have any allergic conditions or diseases before taking Zavicefta 2gm Injection.
- Are on a salt-controlled diet.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reactions (swelling of lips, face, or throat, rash, difficulty swallowing or breathing)
- Severe or bloody diarrhea
- Headache, dizziness
- Itching, redness, or swelling in the injection site
- Stomach pain
- Nausea, vomiting
- Change in the number of certain types of blood cells
- Fungal infections
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.