This page contains brief details about the drug , it's indication, dosage & administaration, mechanism of action, related brands with strength, warnings and common side effects.
Background and Date of Approval
Gamma + Delta Tocotrienol isomers belong to the class of biological response modifiers. It is a member of the vitamin E family. It acts anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Mechanism of Action of undefined
Gamma + Delta Tocotrienol isomers inhibit the high-voltage calcium channels in the central nervous system. It modulates the release of neurotransmitters such as norepinephrine and glutamate, reducing abnormal brain electrical activity and blockage of pain signals transmission.
Uses of undefined
Gamma + Delta Tocotrienol isomers reduce cholesterol levels, prevent nutritional deficiencies, and treat aging, Alzheimer's disease, clogged arteries, diabetes, kidney failure, and stroke; they Provide essential nutrients to the body.
undefined Drug administaration and Dosage available
Take Gamma + Delta Tocotrienol isomers exactly as prescribed by your physician. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the capsules. Your physician will decide the correct dosage and duration based on age, body weight, and disease condition. Only stop taking the capsule if your doctor advises you to stop.
Warnings, Precautions and Side Effects of undefined
Do not consume this medicine if you are allergic to this medicine or its ingredient. It is not recommended in patients with diabetes. Please inform your physician if you have any allergies to Gamma, Delta Tocotrienol isomers or their ingredients, bleeding disorders, vitamin K insufficiency, or if you have undergone surgery.
Notify your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breastfeeding. Inform your doctor about all the underlying diseases, especially lung, liver, or kidney conditions, because this medicine should be consumed cautiously with these conditions.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medications. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them. Gamma and Delta Tocotrienols isomers typically have no known adverse effects. However, if you have any uncommon side effects, seek medical advice from your doctor.
Word Of Advice
It is suggested to inform your healthcare provider if you are allergic to Gamma + Delta Tocotrienol isomers, and their ingredients. It is not recommended in patients with diabetes. Before taking it, discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Notify your doctor if you experience any serious side effects. Your medical professional will inform you if you need any dose adjustments. Contact your doctor for more information. Keep out of sight and reach of pets and children. Do not freeze the medicine. Always check the expiry date before consuming it.
Frequently Asked Question
- KD Tripathi, Vitamins, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 911-912.
- Puvaneshwari Meganathan et al.; A new formulation of Gamma Delta Tocotrienol has superior bioavailability compared to existing Tocotrienol-Rich Fraction in healthy human subjects; Published on Mar 2015; [Accessed on 7th June 2023]; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4555096/
- Orochem Technologies Inc; [Accessed on 7th June 2023]; https://orochem.com/product-category/simulated-moving-bed-chromatography/nutraceuticals/alpha-and-delta-tocotrienols/
- Deepak Kumar et al.; To study and evaluation of the role of gamma and delta tocotrienol in radiation-induced fibrosis; Published on Mar 2017; [Accessed on 7th June 2023], https://www.thepharmajournal.com/archives/2017/vol6issue4/PartB/6-4-15-816.pdf
- Vaishali Aggarwal et al.; Molecular Mechanisms of Action of Tocotrienols in Cancer: Recent Trends and Advancements; Published on Feb 2019; [Accessed on 7th June 2023]; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6386883/
The drug information on this page is not a substitute for medical advice. It is meant for educational purposes only. For further details, consult your doctor about your medical condition to know if you are eligible to receive this treatment.