KETOCONAZOLE AND ZINC PYRITHIONEManufacturer : EMSONS PHARMAOrigin of Medicine : India
Emclean Shampoo consist of the active ingredients Ketoconazole and Zinc pyrithione. It is a medicated shampoo indicated to prevent and treat severe dandruff and infections in the scalp.
Dandruff is a scalp condition associated with abnormal flake production in the scalp. Zinc pyrithione is synthesized from Aspergillus flavus through its antimicrobial metabolite called aspergillus acid.
Seborrheic dermatitis is a condition of flaking, scaling, rashes and inflammation that could be greasy or dry. While dandruff is usually confined to the scalp, Seborrheic dermatitis affects the scalp, face, chest and other areas that produce sweat.
Uses of Emclean Shampoo:
- Treatment of severe dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis.
- Treatment of white and brown patches on the skin
How Emclean Shampoo works:
Zinc pyrithione inhibits iron-sulfur protein within the cell of the fungus by reversibly binding to copper and inhibits the growth of fungus. It reduces dandruff, but symptoms do not resolve completely. Ketoconazole reduces scaly patches and redness of the scalp. It prevents the fungus from producing enzymes. With few washes, this shampoo visibly reduces the accumulation of fungus on the scalp.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a cool, dry & dark place below 30°C. Do not freeze. Shake well before use. Keep the container tightly closed, away from the reach of children.
- Pinewood Laboratories Ltd., Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Aug 2015] [Accessed on 19th Aug 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4559.pdf
- Minji Park et al., Understanding the Mechanism of action of the Anti-dandruff agent Zinc Pyrithione against Malassezia Restricta, Scientific Reports, 2018, [Accessed on 12th Apr 2021] http://www.bktimes.net/data/board_notice/1534842545-66.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Antifungal Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 838-848.
- Suresh Sadhasivam et al., Newly Developed Anti-Dandruff Regimen, VB-3222, Delivers Enhanced Sensorial and Effective Therapeutic Benefits Against Moderate Adherent Dandruff, Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2020; 13: 187–195, [Accessed on 12th Apr 2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7041436/pdf/ccid-13-187.pdf
How to use Emclean Shampoo:
Use as directed by your physician.
This shampoo is safe to use during pregnancy. However, check with your physician if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
This shampoo is safe to use for breastfeeding mothers. However, check with your physician for confirmation.
Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are sensitive to this shampoo or any of its ingredients.
- Avoid contact with eyes and consult physician in case you accidentally consume it.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Contact dermatitis
- Severe redness and irritation
- Peeling or blistering of skin
- Skin irritation
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.