ADCOV 50MG INJECTION
CALCIUM LEUCOVORIN/CALCIUM FOLINATEManufacturer : ADLEY FORMULATIONSOrigin of Medicine : India
Adcov 50mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Calcium folinate. It is the active form of folinic acid, indicated to treat unwanted effects caused by administration of the group of medicines called folic acid antagonists. Some of the most commonly prescribed folic acid antagonists include the anti-cancer drug methotrexate, antibiotic trimethoprim, antibiotic and anti-cancer drug trimetrexate and antimalarial drug pyrimethamine.
Uses of Adcov 50mg Injection:
Adcov 50mg Injection is used in the following conditions:
- Treatment of overdose of folic acid antagonists
- Reduction of side effects of folic acid antagonists
- Improvement of the effectiveness of anti-cancer medicine fluorouracil.
How Adcov 50mg Injection Works:
Adcov 50mg Injection is the reduced form of folic acid. It is not affected by folic acid antagonists. This enhances the synthesis of DNA, RNA, protein, purine and thymidine. Adcov 50mg Injection takes part in the same pathway as methotrexate and rescues bone marrow, stomach and intestinal cells from methotrexate. It also produces a toxic effect on cancer cells when used along with another anticancer medicine called fluorouracil and prevents the cancer cell multiplication.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep Adcov 50mg Injection out of sight and reach of children. Store the vials in the outer carton to protect it from light, in a refrigerator (2-8˚C). Discard if the solution appears cloudy or presence of visible particles.
- Hospira UK Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on May 2020] [Accessed on 12th Apr 2021],
- Pfizer Singapore, [11th Sep 2018] [Accessed on 12th Apr 2021],
How to use Adcov 50mg Injection:
Adcov 50mg Injection is intended for administration into the muscle or vein. For single use only. Any unused portion of solution should be discarded.
Consult your physician for advice before starting treatment with Adcov 50mg Injection if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding while on treatment with Adcov 50mg Injection.
- Inform your physician if you have anemia caused by Vitamin B12 deficiency. Take special care if you have undergone radiotherapy and experience stomach and bowel trouble.
- Inform your physician if you have shown signs of hypersensitivity to Calcium folinate in the past.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Reduced number of blood cells
- Inflammation in the lining of mouth and intestine
- Severe allergic reactions
- Nausea, vomiting, severe diarrhea
- Redness and swelling of palms of hands and soles of feet
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.