ANDROGEL 50MG(1%) GEL
TESTOSTERONEManufacturer : BESINS HEALTHCARE INDIA PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Androgel 50mg(1%) Gel contains the active constituent testosterone. It is used to treat men who have low or no testosterone due to certain medical conditions. Clinical symptoms of male hypogonadism (lack of testosterone) are impotence, infertility, tiredness, depressive moods, low sex drive and bone loss caused by low hormone levels. Androgel 50mg(1%) Gel is contraindicated in patients with breast or prostate cancer.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor if you have heart disorders, liver disorders, kidney disorders, breathing problems and cancer. This medication can transfer from your body to others. Wash your hands immediately with soap and water after applying Androgel 50mg(1%) Gel. Keep the application area covered until you have washed or showered. This medication is flammable until it gets dried. Avoid fire, flames or smoking until the gel gets dried.
Uses of Androgel 50mg(1%) Gel:
- Primary hypogonadism (congenital or acquired)
- Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (congenital or acquired)
How Androgel 50mg(1%) Gel works:
Androgel 50mg(1%) Gel binds to the cytoplasmic androgen receptor, these receptor hormone complex gets transported to the nucleus for binding with DNA, and protein synthesis results in desired effects.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at controlled room temperature 20°-25°C. Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Androgens and drugs for erectile dysfunction, 7th edition, 2013, 296-300.
- Abbvie, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Feb 2019], [ Accessed on April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2019/022309s008lbl.pdf
- Kyowa Kirin Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (emc), [ Revised on Dec 2019], [ Accessed on June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.332.pdf
How to use Androgel 50mg(1%) Gel:
Always use this medicine exactly your doctor has told you. Application sites are upper arms and shoulders. Make sure that application area is clean, dry and there is no broken skin. Contact your doctor if you have any doubts.
Inform your doctor if you have any liver diseases.
Inform your doctor if you have any kidney diseases.
- Avoid fire, flames or smoking until the gel gets dried.
- Wash your hands immediately with soap and water after applying this gel.
- Shower before involving close skin to skin contact with someone else to avoid transfer of this medicine.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medical treatment. Although all medicines can cause side effects, everyone will not get them.
- Worsening of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Risk of prostate cancer
- Blood clots in legs or lungs
- Breathing problems while you sleep
- Swelling of your ankles, feet or body with or without heart failure
- Low sperm count
- Enlarged or painful breasts
- Mood swings
- Increased red blood cell count
- Skin irritation
- Increased (PSA) Prostate-specific antigen
- More erections
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.