ATACURIUM 10MG/5ML INJECTION
ATRACURIUM BESYLATEManufacturer : THEMIS MEDICAREOrigin of Medicine : India
Atacurium 10mg Injection contains the active constituent atracurium besylate. It is used to relax muscles of adults in intensive care settings, relax muscles during surgery on adults and children over one month of age and help insert a tube into windpipe (tracheal intubation). Talk to your doctor if you have muscle weakness, difficulty in coordinating your movements, neuromuscular disorders, low blood volume (hypovolemia), burn which requires treatment, and allergic conditions before taking Atacurium 10mg Injection. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding before taking this medicine. Lowered blood pressure and reddening of your skin are associated with the administration of this medicine.
Uses of Atacurium 10mg Injection:
- To relax muscles during operation in adults and children over one month of age
- Tracheal intubation
- To relax the muscles in adults in intensive care
How Atacurium 10mg Injection works:
It competitively binds with cholinergic receptor sites and antagonize the action of acetylcholine (chief neurotransmitter that contracts the smooth muscles).
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in refrigerator at 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
- Hospira, [ Revised on Aug 2018], [ Accessed on April 2021], http://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=4665
- Aspen pharma, Electronics Medicines Compendium (emc), [ Revised on Dec 2019], [ Accessed on April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.951.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Skeletal muscle relaxants, 7th edition, 2013, 353.
How to use Atacurium 10mg Injection:
It will be given to you by your physician.
Ask your doctor for advice if you are pregnant, or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you only if clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
It could be dangerous to drive soon after operation. Your doctor will tell you how long to wait before you can drive.
- Tell your doctor if you have any allergic conditions or other diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medical treatment. Although all medicines can cause side effects, everyone will not get them.
- Decreased blood pressure
- Reddening of skin
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.