AUGPLAT 125MG INJECTION
ROMIPLOSTIMManufacturer : ZYDUS CADILAOrigin of Medicine : India
Augplat 125mg Injection contains the active constituent romiplostim. It is used to treat immune primary thrombocytopenia (called ITP). ITP is a disorder in which the body’s immune system destroys its own platelets, the blood cells which help seal cuts and form blood cuts. Very low platelet counts can lead to serious bleeding and bruising.
It is used in adults and children (aged 1 and above) with ITP when other treatments such as immunoglobulins, corticosteroids, or splenectomy don’t work. Before taking Augplat 125mg Injection, you need to inform your physician if you have liver problems, cancer, have had recent surgery, if you smoke or are taking birth control pills. Headache and respiratory tract infections are the most common side effects.
Uses of Augplat 125mg Injection:
- Immune primary thrombocytopenia (ITP)
How Augplat 125mg Injection works:
Augplat 125mg Injection stimulates the bone marrow (part of the bone that makes blood cells) to produce platelets and help prevent bruising and bleeding.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Augplat 125mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store in a refrigerator (2°C – 8°C).
- Amgen Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Oct 2021] [ Accessed on 31st Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.9325.pdf
- Amgen Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Dec 2018] [ Accessed on 31st Dec 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/125268s163lbl.pdf
- Douglas B.cines et al; Safety and efficacy of romiplostim in splenectomized and nonsplenectomized patients with primary immune thrombocytopenia; Haematologica; Published on August 2017; Accessed on 31/12/2021; https://www.haematologica.org/article/view/8154
How to use Augplat 125mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a health care professional.
Augplat 125mg Injection is not recommended for pregnant patients unless indicated by the doctor. You need to inform your physician if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medication.
Augplat 125mg Injection is not recommended for breastfeeding patients. You should talk to your physician if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
You must tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders, as liver problems may increase the risk of blood clots with this medication.
Augplat 125mg Injection can cause dizziness. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- You need to tell your physician if you have cancer, have recently had surgery or injury, or if you smoke.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Loss of response
- Progression of Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Thromboembolic complications
- Higher risk of blood clots
- Headache, dizziness
- Allergic reaction
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Joint pain, muscle pain
- Sleeping trouble
- Tingling or numbness of feet or hands
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, indigestion
- Fever, cough
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.