AXISHIL 1MG TABLET
AXITINIBManufacturer : SHILPA MEDICARE LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Axishil 1mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Axitinib. It is prescribed alone or in combination with other anticancer medicines for the treatment of a type of kidney cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma). Renal cell cancer is one of the most common forms of kidney cancer that accounts for 90% of all kidney cancers. Out of this, 30% are diagnosed when the cancer is at an advanced stage.
Uses of Axishil 1mg Tablet:
This medicine is indicated in the following conditions:
- Advanced Kidney cancer that has spread to other organs.
- Advanced kidney cancer that has failed to respond to other treatments.
How Axishil 1mg Tablet Works:
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) are the two proteins that are found in high concentration in case of Renal cell cancer. Genetic alteration causes overproduction of these proteins that ultimately results in production and survival of cancer cells. VEGF supports the process of blood vessel formation (angiogenesis) that enhances the development of tumors.
Axishil 1mg Tablet works by inhibiting VEGF receptors that further leads to inhibition of angiogenesis. This disturbs the cancer cell production and survival and further leads to the delay in the growth and spread of tumor cells since the blood supply to the tumor cells are reduced.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a controlled room temperature. Keep Axishil 1mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children. Do not use the medicine if the pack is damaged.
- Pfizer, [Revised on Jun 2020] [Accessed on 2nd Dec 2021], http://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?format=PDF&id=759
- Pfizer Labs, Electronic Medicines Compendium(EMC), [Revised on Mar 2021] [Accessed on 2nd Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4325.pdf
- Edward Chu, Cancer Chemotherapy, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 948-976.
- Pfizer, Fact sheet, [Revised on Sep 2012] [Accessed on 3rd Apr 2021], https://cdn.pfizer.com/pfizercom/news/esmo/renal_cell_carcinoma_fact_sheet.pdf
How to use Axishil 1mg Tablet:
Swallow whole tablets with water. Do not take an additional dose in case of vomiting or missed dose.
This medicine is not intended for use during pregnancy. Talk to your physician if you are pregnant or think you could be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice on taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver disease. Ensure that your physician monitors your liver functions every month.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney disease. Make sure that your physician monitors your kidney functions regularly.
Exercise caution while driving and using machines during this treatment.
Inform your physician if you are hypersensitive to Axitinib or its ingredients.
- Male patients with female partners of childbearing age should use an effective method of contraception.
- Female patients of reproductive age should use an effective method of contraception. Contact your physician immediately if you become pregnant during the course of treatment.
- Consult your physician if you have high BP or its complications, problems in thyroid gland, nerves, heart or if you have lactose intolerance. Inform your doctor if you have or recently had a problem with blood clots.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Extreme tiredness and swelling
- Pressure or pain in the chest, arms, back, neck or jaw
- Numbness and weakness on one side of the body
- Trouble talking
- Vision changes or dizziness
- Serious bleeding problems like black tarry stools, bloody cough or bloody sputum
- Severe stomach pain
- High blood pressure
- Kidney problems
- Hyper-active thyroid gland
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Joint pain
- Lack of energy
- Weight loss
- Mouth sores
- Diarrhoea, nausea, stomach ache
- Skin itching, redness of skin and hair loss
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.