BDERLO 150MG TABLET
ERLOTINIBManufacturer : BDR PHARMACEUTICALS INTERNATIONALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Bderlo 150mg Tablet is an anticancer medicine containing active constituent erlotinib. It is used to treat non-small lung cancer (NSCLC) and pancreatic cancer. Cancer is a disorder in which cells multiply in an uncontrolled and abnormal manner. It is usually given in combination with other anticancer medicine, gemcitabine, for patients with metastatic or advanced pancreatic cancers.
You need to inform your doctor if you use contact lenses, have an intolerance to sugars, history of eye problems, clotting disorders, or if you take medicines for clotting disorders or cholesterol. Bderlo 150mg Tablet is not recommended for adolescents and children under the age of 18. Do not take this medication with food. Use effective birth control during the treatment and for at least 2 weeks after the last dose.
You are advised not to smoke while being treated with Bderlo 150mg Tablet, as smoking may decrease the amount of medicine in the blood. Wear protective clothing and sunscreen while going outside. Inform your physician if you develop pain in the eye, blurred vision, cough, fever, shortness of breath, severe abdominal pain, and persistent diarrhea while taking this medicine.
Uses of Bderlo 150mg Tablet:
- Advanced or metastatic non-small lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer
How Bderlo 150mg Tablet works:
Bderlo 150mg Tablet prevents the activity of a protein called epidermal growth factor receptor (EFGR), a protein involved in the spread and growth of cancer cells.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Store at controlled room temperature between 15°C to 30°C. Do not freeze.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Targeted Therapies: Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors, Monoclonal Antibodies, and Cytokines, 12th edition, 2011, 1735-1737.
- Mylan, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Jan 2020] [ Accessed on 14th April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.11264.pdf
- Genentech, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on April 2010] [ Accessed on 14th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/021743s14s16lbl.pdf
How to use Bderlo 150mg Tablet:
Always take this medicine as exactly doctor has told you. The tablet must be taken at least one hour before or two hours after taking food. Contact your doctor if you missed the dose or taken more.
Taking Bderlo 150mg Tablet while pregnancy can harm the baby. You should not take this medicine during pregnancy unless your doctor recommends taking it. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to pregnant before taking this medicine.
You must not take Bderlo 150mg Tablet if you are breastfeeding. Consult your doctor for risks and benefits.
This medicine is not recommended in patients with severe liver diseases. Inform your physician if you have any liver disorders.
This medicine is not recommended in patients with severe kidney diseases. Inform your physician if you have any kidney disorders.
- You are advised not to smoke while being treated with this medicine, as it may decrease the medicine in the blood.
- Wear protective clothing and sunscreen while going outside.
- Inform your doctor if you use contact lenses, have an intolerance to sugars, history of eye problems, or clotting disorders before taking this medication.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Persistent or severe diarrhea
- Pain in the eye, blurred vision
- Sudden difficulty in breathing accompanied by cough and fever
- Severe pain in your abdomen
- Liver failure
- Rash, worsened in sun-exposed areas
- Loss of appetite, decreased weight
- Mouth irritation
- Hair loss, dry skin, itching, acne, cracked skin
- Inflammation around fingernail
- Bleeding from nose, stomach, intestines
- Reduced kidney function
MrMed’s primary intention is to ensure that its consumers get information that is reviewed by experts, accurate and trustworthy. The information and contents of this website are for informational purposes only. They are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of your doctor and discuss all your queries related to any disease or medicine. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on MrMed. Our mission is to support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.