BERNITRIM 5ML INJECTION
CO-TRIMOXAZOLEManufacturer : BERNISS PHARMACEUTICALSOrigin of Medicine : India
Bernitrim Injection contains co-trimoxazole which is a combination of two different antibiotics called trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole. It is used to treat or prevent certain bacterial infections of the lungs, skin, brain and urinary tract. Before taking this medication, talk to your physician if you have severe kidney disorders, liver problems, blood disorders, allergic conditions.
This medicine contains sodium and alcohol. You need to discuss with your health care professional if you are on a salt-controlled diet or if you have an alcohol addiction. Diarrhea is a common problem associated with the use of antibiotics. Contact your doctor immediately if you develop watery or bloody stools. Skipping the doses or not completing the entire course of treatment may decrease the effectiveness of the medicine. Drink plenty of fluids to prevent stone formation.
Uses of Bernitrim Injection:
- Treats or prevents bacterial infections of the lungs, brain, skin and urinary tract
How Bernitrim Injection works:
Bernitrim Injection inhibits Folic acid production in bacteria, which is essential for the growth and multiplication of bacteria and produces an antibacterial effect.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Bernitrim Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 30°C.
- Aspen Pharma Trading Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on July 2021] [ Accessed on 31st Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4669.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Sulfonamides, Cotrimoxazole, and Quinolones, 7th edition, 2013, 706-708.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Sulfonamides, Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole, Quinolones, and Agents for urinary tract infections, 12th edition, 2011, 1468-1470.
How to use Bernitrim Injection:
It will be given to you by a health care professional.
This medication is contraindicated in pregnant patients. You need to tell your physician if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Bernitrim Injection.
This medication is contraindicated in breastfeeding patients. You need to inform your physician if you are breastfeeding before taking Bernitrim Injection.
You need to inform your physician if you have any liver disorders since this medication is contraindicated in patients with severe liver disorders.
You need to inform your physician if you have any kidney disorders since this medication is contraindicated in patients with severe kidney disorders.
This medication contains alcohol. Discuss with your health care professional if you have an alcohol addiction.
- You need to tell your physician if you are on a salt-controlled diet.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Fungal infections of the mouth or vagina
- Skin rashes
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.