SAROGLITAZARManufacturer : ZYDUS CADILAOrigin of Medicine : India
Bilypsa tablets contain the active ingredient Saroglitazar which is used for lowering cholesterol levels and triglycerides in patients suffering from type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is used in patients with elevated lipid levels which are not controlled by statin therapy. Saroglitazar leads to significant increase in alanine aminotransferase levels and fatty liver in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease patients with diabetic dyslipidemia.This medicine has also been known to reduce glucose levels in diabetic patients. Bilypsa tablets is a prescription only drug and not meant for use in children or adolescents below 18 years of age.
Uses of Bilypsa tablets :
This medication is used in the treatment of:
- Diabetic dyslipidemia: Unhealthy levels of lipids (fat) in diabetic patients
- Hypertriglyceridemia with type 2 diabetes mellitus not controlled by statin therapy: High levels of certain triglycerides (fat) in diabetic patients
How Bilypsa tablet works:
Bilypsa tablets contain the active ingredient Saroglitazar which works by reducing the levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the body.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before starting treatment with Bilypsa tablets.
Keep out of the reach of children. Store in a cool and dry place.
- Lipaglyn Product information; Prescribing Information for Lipaglyn; Page 51; Zydus Discovery; Cadila healthcare Ltd. [Accessed: 2/04/2021]; http://lipaglyn.com/downloads/Lipaglyn_Product_Monograph.pdf
- Omesh Goyal et al; Saroglitazar in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and diabetic dyslipidemia; a prospective, observational and real world study; [Revised 2020]; [Accessed 3/04/2021]; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33273703/
- Shashank R Joshi; Saroglitazar for the treatment of dyslipidemia in diabetic patients; [Revised 2015]; [Accessed: 3/04/2021];https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25674933
- Aravind Sosale, Banshi Saboo and Bhavana Sosale; Saroglitazar for the treatment of hypertriglyceridemia in patients with type 2 diabetes: current evidence; [Revised 2014]; [Accessed: 3/04/2021]; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4403747/
How to use Bilypsa tablets:
Follow the exact dosage prescribed by your doctor.
This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe the medication if the benefits outweigh the risks.
This medicine is not safe to use while breastfeeding.
Inform your doctor if you have any liver problems before starting Bilypsa tablets as this medicine may have an adverse effect on the liver.
Inform your doctor if you have any kidney problems before starting this medicine as it might have an adverse effect on the kidney.
Inform your doctor about any heart problems you have before starting treatment with Bilypsa tablets .
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions such as hives, swelling etc.
- Fatigue and dizziness
- Stomach ache
- Chest pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.