BIOTREXATE 15MG INJECTION
METHOTREXATEManufacturer : ZYDUS CADILAOrigin of Medicine : India
Biotrexate 15mg Injection contains methotrexate. It is used to treat severe psoriasis, and rheumatoid arthritis. In higher doses, methotrexate is used to treat cancer. Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes red, scaly patches, most commonly on the knees, elbows, and scalp. Arthritis is tenderness and swelling of one or more joints.
Talk to your doctor if you have gastrointestinal disorders, liver problems, kidney problems, vaccinated recently, build-up of fluid in the lining of lungs or abdomen, infection, or if you are receiving radiotherapy before taking this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you are on a salt-controlled diet. Use effective birth control during the treatment and for at least 6 months after the last dose of Biotrexate 15mg Injection. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.
Uses of Biotrexate 15mg Injection:
- Severe psoriasis
- Severe rheumatoid arthritis
How Biotrexate 15mg Injection works:
Biotrexate 15mg Injection kills the fast-growing cells, which cause the raised patches of skin in psoriasis. It lessens the inflammation in the joints by altering the body’s defence mechanism in the immune system.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Biotrexate 15mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 30°C.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Pharmacotherapy of inflammatory bowel disease, 12th edition, 2011, 1358.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antirheumatoid and antigout drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 211.
- Hospira UK Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Nov 2020] [ Accessed on 29th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6756.pdf
How to use Biotrexate 15mg Injection:
Biotrexate 15mg Injection will be given to you by your health care professional.
Biotrexate 15mg Injection can harm the unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
You should not breastfeed while being treated with Biotrexate 15mg Injection. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
Biotrexate 15mg Injection is contraindicated in patients with severe liver disorders. You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Biotrexate 15mg Injection.
Biotrexate 15mg Injection is contraindicated in patients with severe kidney disorders. You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders, including conditions requiring kidney dialysis, before taking this medicine.
This medicine can cause drowsiness, blurred vision, or dizziness. Avoid driving if you feel unwell.
- You must not drink alcohol while taking this medicine. You should tell your doctor if you suffer from a problem of excessive drinking.
- Inform your doctor if you have any serious blood disorders.
- Inform your doctor if you have symptoms suggesting an active infectious disease (chills, fever, achiness).
- Avoid vaccination while taking this medicine.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reaction (itchy rash, swelling of hands, feet, lips, mouth, or throat)
- Spitting or coughing blood
- Unexpected bleeding (bleeding gums, blood in urine, vomit)
- Weakness in the legs that spreads to upper limbs and the face
- Lung problems (difficulty breathing, chest pain, persistent cough)
- Diarrhoea, black tarry stools
- Infection (fever, chills, achiness)
- Sore mouth
- Headache, dizziness
- Hair loss
- Nausea, vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Increased liver enzymes
- Blurred vision
- Abdominal pain
- Irregular periods in women
- Ringing of ears
- Joint and muscle pain
- Yellowing of skin and whites of eyes
- Osteoporosis (abnormally easily broken bones)
- Mood alterations
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.