BRIVIACT 50MG TABLET
BRIVARACETAMManufacturer : DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Briviact 50mg Tablet consists of the active constituent Brivaracetam. It is an anti-seizure drug used to treat partial-onset seizures with or without secondary generalization in patients from 4 years of age or older.
Partial onset seizures are also called Focal onset seizures. They initially affect only one part of the brain that gradually spreads to larger areas of the brain. As the seizure spreads to other half of the brain, it results in a condition called secondary generalized seizures.
Possible side effects of this tablet include tiredness, dizziness, constipation, decreased appetite. Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you experience panic attacks, suicidal thoughts or allergies after taking this tablet.
Uses of Briviact 50mg Tablet:
- Treatment of partial-onset seizures in combination with other Anti-seizure drugs.
How Briviact 50mg Tablet Works:
Briviact 50mg Tablet selectively binds to a protein called synaptic vesicle protein 2A in the brain and interrupts nerve signals to reduce the frequency at which the seizures occur.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store below 30˚C.
- UCB Pharma Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (emc), [Revised on Oct 2021] [Accessed on 31st Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1963.pdf
- UCB Inc, [Revised on May 2018] [Accessed on 7th Apr 2021], https://www.briviact.com/briviact-PI.pdf
- Roger J. Porter & Michael A. Rogawski, Antiseizure Drugs, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 409-439.
- Farbod Khaleghi, Eric C. Nemec, II, Brivaracetam (Briviact) Novel Adjunctive Therapy for Partial-Onset Seizures, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Feb 2017; 42(2): 92–96. [Accessed on 7th Apr 2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5265234/
How to use Briviact 50mg Tablet:
Swallow Briviact 50mg Tablet whole with a glass of water. It shall be taken with or without food. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine.
It is not recommended to breastfeed during this therapy. Consult your physician for advice.
Tell your physician if you have liver problems so that your dose could be adjusted.
Briviact 50mg Tablet might cause dizziness. Avoid driving or using machines if you are experiencing dizziness.
- Inform your physician before beginning treatment if you have or ever had suicidal thoughts.
- Tell your physician if you have experienced allergies due to brivaracetam or its ingredients.
- Do not consume alcohol as drinking alcohol while on this treatment causes negative effects.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Suicidal behaviour
- Panic attacks
- Restlessness and hyperactivity
- Flu and tiredness
- Convulsion and vertigo
- Decreased appetite
- Sleeplessness, depression, anxiety and irritability
- Nose and throat infection and cough
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.