CELOFOS 1GM INJECTION
IFOSFAMIDEManufacturer : CELON LABORATORIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Celofos 1gm Injection consists of the active ingredient Ifosfamide. It is indicated for the treatment of bladder inflammation and cancers in the soft tissues, germ cell, pancreas and cervix.
Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are sensitive to any of its ingredients. This medicine is not intended for use in patients having severe disease of the liver, kidneys, blood or bone marrow.
Uses of Celofos 1gm Injection:
Celofos 1gm Injection is used in combination with other chemotherapeutic agents for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Germ cell cancer
- Haemorrhagic cystitis (bladder inflammation)
- Soft tissue cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Cervical cancer
How Celofos 1gm Injection works:
Celofos 1gm Injection gets activated by the liver enzymes and exerts toxic effects on cancer cells. It targets the DNA, produces cross-linking and damages the chromosomes. This causes the breakage of DNA strands. The process of cross-linking is crucial in exhibiting toxicity on cancer cells. This eventually leads to the inhibition in the growth and multiplication of tumour cells.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store the vial at 2-8°C. Protect from light. Keep the vials away from the sight and reach of children.
- Baxter Corporation, [Revised on 27th Jun 2018] [Accessed on 10th Aug 2021], https://www.baxter.ca/sites/g/files/ebysai1431/files/2018-11/Ifex_EN.pdf
- Teva Parenteral Medicines, Inc., [Revised on Feb 2020] [Accessed on 17th Dec 2021], https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=14f535d7-4593-4cee-94fb-54ee239d95d2&type=display
- Edward Chu, Cancer Chemotherapy, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 948-976.
How to use Celofos 1gm Injection:
This injection should be administered only by a qualified oncologist experienced in the use of anticancer drugs.
This medicine could harm the fetus. Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have severe liver disease.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have severe kidney disease.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have problems in urinary flow.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are sensitive to Ifosfamide or any of its ingredients.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have infections, heart disease or problems in your blood or bone marrow.
- Inform your physician if you have received radiotherapy.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Immune system suppression
- Low levels of RBC, WBC and platelets in the blood
- Bone marrow suppression
- Nerve toxicity
- Urinary problems
- Lung problems
- Kidney problem
- Hair loss
- Liver toxicity
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.