CHAMPIX 0.5MG AND 1MG TABLET
VARENICLINEManufacturer : PFIZER LTDOrigin of Medicine : United States of America
Champix 0.5mg and 1mg Tablet consists of the active substance Varenicline. It is indicated to help in stopping smoking habit in adults by reducing the ability to enjoy cigarettes and to ease the symptoms of craving and withdrawal.
Smoking makes the body undergo various mechanisms that cause smokers to start and maintain this habit. A substance called nicotine acts on the nervous system to create dependence, so that smokers experience unpleasant effects when they attempt to quit smoking.
Report to your physician right away in case of symptoms like mood changes, depression, irritability, changes in appetite, taste disturbances, sleep disorder and agitation during this treatment.
Uses of Champix 0.5mg and 1mg Tablet:
- Helps adult smokers to stop smoking
- Alleviates craving and withdrawal symptoms associated with smoking cessation
- Reduces the ability to enjoy cigarettes
How Champix 0.5mg and 1mg Tablet works:
Champix 0.5mg and 1mg Tablet partially enhances the action of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor to produce an effect sufficient to alleviate symptoms of craving and withdrawal. It blocks the ability of nicotine to bind with the receptors, inducing dopamine release which produces feelings of satisfaction.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store below 30°C
- Pfizer Europe, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Nov 2020] [Accessed on 2nd Aug 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.266.pdf
- Pfizer Australia Pty Ltd., [Revised on 4th September 2013] [Accessed on 2nd Aug 2021], https://www.pfizer.com.au/sites/pfizer.com.au/files/g10005016/f/201311/PI_Champix_244.pdf
- Christian Lüscher, Drugs of Abuse, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 575-589.
- KD Tripathi, Anticholinergic Drugs and Drugs Acting on Autonomic Ganglia, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019,.124-135.
- P. Hanlon, M. Byers, J.P.H. Wilding, H.M. Macdonald, Environmental and nutritional factors in disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 97-132.
How to use Champix 0.5mg and 1mg Tablet:
Use as directed by the physician. Check with your healthcare practitioner for advice if you want to attempt to stop smoking during this treatment.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases.
Champix 0.5mg and 1mg Tablet may be connected with dizziness, sleepiness and loss of consciousness. Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience such symptoms.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Varenicline or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Decreased heart rate
- Depressed mood
- Severe skin reactions
- Blistering of the skin, mouth, around the eyes or genitals
- Serious allergic reactions
- Suicidal thoughts
- Inability to think clearly
- Chest infection
- Sinus inflammation
- Sleepiness, dizziness, changes in taste
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Joint, muscle and back ache
- Chest pain
- Abnormal dreams
- Difficulty sleeping
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.