CYTOPLATIN 10MG INJECTION
CISPLATINManufacturer : CIPLA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Cytoplatin 10mg Injection consists of active ingredient called Cisplatin. It is indicated for cancer in testis, ovaries, bladder, stomach, lungs, cervix and head and neck. This medicine can be used alone or in combination with other chemotherapy treatment. It acts against the cells that causes specific cancers. It induces vomiting, hence drugs indicated for vomiting are administered before this therapy.
Uses of Cytoplatin 10mg Injection:
Cytoplatin 10mg Injection is indicated for the treatment of:
- Advanced testicular cancer
- Advanced ovarian cancer
- Advanced bladder cancer
- Advanced squamous cell cancer of the head and neck
- Advanced non-small cell and small cell lung cancer
- Adjunct to other therapies for cervical cancer
- Stomach cancer
How Cytoplatin 10mg Injection works:
Cytoplatin 10mg Injection works by binding to proteins present in the cellular components and forming DNA cross links. Binding of proteins with cellular components significantly contributes to producing toxic effect on cancer cells and anti tumor activity. The formation of cross links inhibits DNA synthesis and its function. This leads to the interruption of cell cycle and arrests tumour cell growth.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at a temperature between 15˚C-25˚C. Protect from light. Do not refrigerate.
- Accord Healthcare Ireland Ltd, [Revised on Feb 2019] [Accessed on 30th Jun 2021], https://www.accord-healthcare.com/ie/sites/default/files/spc/spc_cisplatin_1_mg.ml_concentrate_for_solution_for_infusion_pa_2315.081.001.pdf
- Accord Healthcare Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Apr 2021] [Accessed on 30th Jun 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6111.pdf
- Edward Chu, Cancer Chemotherapy, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 948-976.
- KD Tripathi, Anticancer Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 915-936.
How to use Cytoplatin 10mg Injection:
This medicine should be injected into the vein by a specialist in cancer treatment.
This medicine is toxic to the fetus. Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Breastfeeding during this treatment may not be safe. Your physician might suggest you to stop breastfeeding for some time depending on your condition.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions regularly.
This medicine is not intended for use in kidney impairment. Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases.
This injection could cause sleepiness, vomiting, etc. Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience these side effects.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Cisplatin or its ingredients.
- Inform your physician if you have pre-existing hearing conditions, blood disorders, neuropathy or dehydration.
- Consult your physician if you are going to take yellow fever vaccination.
- Follow an efficient method of contraception to avoid pregnancy for 6 months after the treatment.
- Inform your physician if you have undergone radiation therapy involving your head.
- Your physician will take blood samples to check for problems in blood, liver or kidneys.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Kidney problems
- Changes in liver functions
- Severe chest pain
- Pain or swelling at the site of injection
- Confusion, slurry speech, paralysis
- Blood clots in vein
- Fast, irregular or slow heartbeats
- Decrease in bone marrow function
- Decrease in the number of WBC, RBC, Platelets, sodium in blood
- High temperature
- Excess urination
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.