DENOPSY 7MG TABLET
TERIFLUNOMIDEManufacturer : NATCO PHARMA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Denopsy 7mg Tablet contains teriflunomide. It is used to treat relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis. In multiple sclerosis, the immune system attacks the nerve fibers and causes communication problems between the brain and the body. The symptoms are weakness in the legs, difficulty walking, lack of coordination, and vision problems. This medicine should not be used if you have severe liver or kidney disorders, serious infections, bone marrow disorders, immune system disorders (such as AIDS), or very low proteins in your blood.
Use effective birth control during treatment and after treatment. Teriflunomide remains in your blood for a long period after you stop taking it. Consult your physician about the best method of contraception and how long you should avoid pregnancy. Denopsy 7mg Tablet is not recommended for adolescents and children under the age of 18.
You need to talk to your physician if you have high blood pressure, alcohol addiction, skin problems, breathing problems, intolerance to some sugars, or if you are about to have any vaccinations or specific blood test (calcium level) before taking Denopsy 7mg Tablet.
Uses of Denopsy 7mg Tablet:
- Treats relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis
How Denopsy 7mg Tablet works:
Denopsy 7mg Tablet limits the increase of some white blood cells (lymphocytes) by the immune system. It decreases the inflammation that leads to nerve damage in multiple sclerosis.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Denopsy 7mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Cytotoxic agents, 12th edition, 2011, 1695-1697.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Anticancer drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 864.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (Pty) Ltd, Published on 2001; Accessed on 05/08/2021; http://www.thethaicancer.com/PDF/Drug/Drug_information/CMT/UFT.pdf
- Daniel IG Cubero et al; Tegafur–uracil is a safe alternative for the treatment of colorectal cancer in patients with partial dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase deficiency: a proof of principle; Published on July 2012; Accessed on 05/08/2021; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22754590
How to use Denopsy 7mg Tablet:
Take Denopsy 7mg Tablet in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Swallow the tablets whole with water. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
Denopsy 7mg Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the unborn baby. You need to inform your physician if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
You should not take Denopsy 7mg Tablet as it passes into the breast milk. You need to inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
Denopsy 7mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with severe liver disorders. You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking this medicine.
Denopsy 7mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with severe kidney disorders. You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking this medicine.
Denopsy 7mg Tablet may cause dizziness. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- Talk to your physician if you have serious infections, bone marrow disorders, immune system disorders (such as AIDS), or very low proteins in your blood.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Hair loss
- Discomfort while swallowing, sore throat
- Low blood cell count
- High blood pressure, feeling your heartbeat
- Vomiting, nausea
- Numbness, tingling, burning, or pain in the hands and fingers
- Back pain or leg pain
- Heavy periods
- Weight loss
- Weakness, lack of energy
- Bone pain, muscle pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.