DEXTOMID 100MCG/1ML INJECTION
DEXMEDETOMIDINE HCLManufacturer : NEON LABORATORIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Dextomid 100mcg Injection contains the active constituent dexmedetomidine hydrochloride. It is used to provide sedation (drowsiness or sleep, a state of calm) for patients in intensive care settings and during surgical or diagnostic procedures. It may also used to produce awake sedation during surgical or diagnostic procedures. Tell your doctor if you have neurological disorders, heart disorders, liver problems, severe fever, low blood pressure, recently had a stroke, or severe condition affecting the blood supply to the brain before taking this medication.
The very common side effects of Dextomid 100mcg Injection are low or high blood pressure and slow heart rate. Inform your doctor if you are taking medications to lower your blood pressure and heart rate or if you experience any hypersensitive reactions during the treatment.
Uses of Dextomid 100mcg Injection:
- For patients in intensive care settings (sedation)
- For diagnostic or surgical procedures (sedation)
How Dextomid 100mcg Injection works:
Dextomid 100mcg Injection binds to alpha-2 adrenergic receptors, inhibits the release of chemical substance called norepinephrine, and terminates the spread of pain signals.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Store at room temperature between 15°C to 30°C.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, General Anaesthetics, 7th edition, 2013, 384.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, General Anaesthetics and Therapeutic gases, 12th edition, 2011, 548-549.
- Orion Corporation, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Jan 2021] [ Accessed on 7th May 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4783.pdf
- Hospira, Inc, US, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on June 2013] [ Accessed on 6th May 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/021038s021lbl.pdf
How to use Dextomid 100mcg Injection:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
The dose will be reduced in patients with impaired liver function. Inform your doctor if you suffer from any liver diseases.
You must not drive after given this injection. Consult your doctor about when you can go back to this kind of work.
- Inform your doctor if you have allergic conditions or other diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Chest pain
- Abnormal heart rate
- High or low blood pressure
- Change in breathing pattern
- High or low blood sugar
- Nausea, vomiting, dry mouth
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.