DIXIN 0.5MG INJECTION
DIGOXINManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Dixin 0.5mg Injection contains the active constituent digoxin. It is used in the treatment of heart failure and irregular heart rhythm or heartbeats. Heart failure is the heart’s inability to pump blood adequately to the body. Tell your doctor if you have recently suffered a heart attack, lung disease, kidney disease, thyroid disorders, or malabsorption syndrome (cannot absorb minerals from food properly) before taking this medicine. Taking this medicine can affect the results of a heart test called ECG.
Your physician may ask you to regularly take blood tests to ensure you are receiving the proper dose. Report to your doctor if you experience persistent diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, weakness, confusion, and visual disturbances while taking Dixin 0.5mg Injection. These could be signs of high dose.
Uses of Dixin 0.5mg Injection:
- Heart failure
- Irregular heart rhythm or heartbeats
How Dixin 0.5mg Injection works:
It inhibits the myocardial Na-K ATPase pump, increases the force with which the heart muscle contracts, making the heart work more efficiently.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep Dixin 0.5mg Injection out of sight and reach of children. Do not store above 25°C.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Cardiac Glycosides and Drugs for Heart failure, 7th edition, 2013, 512-520.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Pharmacotherapy of Congestive heart failure, 12th edition, 2011, 803-805.
- Aspen Pharma Trading Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Dec 2019] [ Accessed on 11th May 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5462.pdf
- Covis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Dec 2016] [ Accessed on 11th May 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/009330s031lbl.pdf
How to use Dixin 0.5mg Injection:
Dixin 0.5mg Injection will be given to you by a health care professional.
Dixin 0.5mg Injection may affect the unborn child. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
Before taking Dixin 0.5mg Injection, tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Tell your doctor if you have liver disorders.
Inform your doctor if you have kidney diseases.
This medicine may cause dizziness. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- Inform your physician if you have recently suffered a heart attack
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Nausea, vomiting
- Blurred or yellow vision
- Rash, itching
- Loss of appetite
- Heart rhythm disturbances
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.